More Summer Hoop

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Aqualung, Jul 14, 2007.

1. The Bay State Games continued today, a real nice modern college gym...but again, lots of natural sunlight streaming in which made for some interesting highlights...

Not my daughter in these pics, but her teammate w/ some nice moves. First sequence she was hammered and went down hard but came back strong.

I paid more attention to the white balance, but especially in #1, the sunlight streaming in and reflecting off the floor makes for some funny coloring on the bottom parts of the girls.

I decided to shoot more w/ my 85 this game, standing more to the corner than under the basket as I usually do (w/ my 50).

C&C always welcome.

#1 - Contact
    game-1-01.

#2 - Starting to fall
    game-1-02.

#3 - Almost on the floor
    game-1-03.

#4 - Driving the layup
    game-1-04.

2. Hey Chris, awesome shots as usual. I'm trying to get an 85mm for myself after seeing how well you do with yours.
    Steve

3. hey thanks Steve...I'm awaiting my 85f1.4, which will be interesting to shoot with vs. the f1.8....

4. Where did you find one? I'm curious what that will cost me since I want that lens too.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent captures

6. Thanks Gale...Steve, emailed you...

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Between your great gear and some sweet ambient lighting, you brought home some real nice images. Very nice indoor shooting.

8. Many thanks Frank! The ambient light gets a lot of credit...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  9. Nice Shots

I hav been debating on which lens to buy for shooting basketball. I have been thinking about the 50mm 1.8 and the 85mm 1.8. Which lens do you use the most for basketball? ALso, how far away were you from the action on these shots?

10. Nice shots. It's amazing to have that kind of light shooting basketball. Good job!

11. Thanks David, truly was good to have that lighting...the other game I posted, huge difference.

Greg, sent you a PM re: position...

If interested, rest of the game is here

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007