1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

More Teton Reflections

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Terri French, Oct 3, 2008.

1. nu2scene

nu2scene

Sep 27, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Wow, how beautiful.

2. Terri, this is another spectacular set. The 2nd and 3rd shots are my type of shots, I'd be happy to have any one of them haning on my walls. Well done.

3. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    1 & 3 are just BEAUTIFUL Terri. Must have been quite a spectacle when you were there in person.

4. karma2

karma2

Mar 10, 2006
    Idaho
    Very nice! Care to share you post processing?

5. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Excellent shots, you've got a knack for composition for sure.

6. Great shots, Terri. You are so fortunate to live near such beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing your world. I'm envious.:smile:

7. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Terri, I think Ron Reznick's work with this type of image is still my favorite, but you keep getting closer and closer:smile:. For me, the pano is nearly perfect. The emotional content of the second one is terrific:cool: . With the third one, I think I'd go for just a tad more light on the foreground bushes, but that's in the realm of personal preferences.

Thankyou for sharing these.

8. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    I'm speechless - absolutely beautiful images.

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    So Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the pano :) 

10. Wow these are great Terri. Can't wait to get up there again.

11. Spectacular view of Mt. Moran in #1. Beautiful all the way around.:smile:

12. Fab shots:wink:

13. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Awesome Ma'am

I dub thee "The Princess of Pano" :wink:

14. Terri, I believe you're truly blessed. Fantastic nature nearby and a bunch of adorable kids around you. No wonder you are such a talented photographer with that variety of photo opportunities around you. :wink:
    The reflections are looking gorgeous, it must have been a very quiet and peaceful atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.

15. Thanks so much, Rob.... It was incredibly beautiful there that day. We have the luxury of going when the weather will be good.

Louis,
    Thanks so much. I'm going to choose one to print for my family room. I'm trying to get them all worked up, then I'll let Greg decide.

Shekhar,
    It was one of the most beautiful days we've ever spent in the park. Thanks.

16. Karma,
    I don't know what you want to know about my post processing. Nos. 2 and 3 were HDR blends done in Photomatix. I always convert my RAW photos in NX2 and use different techniques for each photo. I usually shoot in Neutral and adjust from there. I always try to make sure I haven't overexposed any areas so I adjust that carefully. Then I use selections to adjust the color temperature of the different areas. For example in the one with the orange leaves in the foreground....they were shot while in the shade so I had to warm them up. I cooled down the background to match.

I often finish up in Photoshop where I might duplicate the background and apply different blending modes such as overlay or soft light, then reduce the opacity until it looks good to me.

Hope this makes sense. I really don't have a recipe for post processing. It is different for each photo depending on what I want to do. As you can tell, I love saturated colors, so I always bump that up.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

17. Well thank you. I guess it's something I don't think about much. It just happens. One key is to make sure you've got the right lens. When I'm close to the mountains, I need that wide angle, but a bit further away and I need a zoom.

Thanks, Tom. Greg and I love it that we can get there so easily. You would be surprised how many people that live in my town never go to Grand Teton Park. Of course there are lots of other beautiful areas nearby. But, I still get amazed at how many people I meet have never been there and we only live 2 hours away.

18. Oh my goodness, I'm not even remotely close to Ron Reznick. You are so kind. I agree about the light on the foreground in the third one. There was such a contrast between the foreground and the background that was about all I could get out of it. I used photomatix and 7 exposures to get that much.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'd love to take a class from Ron someday.

19. Thank you so much. It is an area that is so beautiful it often makes me speechless.

Thanks Robert. Ptgui makes doing a pano easy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.