More variations on Taraxacum officinale

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Pendragon, Apr 26, 2007.

1. To often I read on forums that making a good macro is only possible on a tripod and with MF.

I do not agree with that.
    So I made some handheld macro's with D200+grip+Tamron 180 (heavy stuff) and while using AF.

Do I have a steady hand? Not really. But I pay a lot of attention to my breathing technique.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Now this is very interesting. At Oxford Scientific Films in the UK we were taught various breathing techniques for slow shutterspeeds plus on how to make our body into a tripod. This meant that I could take macro photos on a Leica R3 with a 60mm Macro-Elmarit R at a R.Ratio of 1:3 and at 1/25th sec which was very useful when ISO's were just 25ASA and 64ASA.

BBW. Bob F.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good
    Pretty images

4. I think you have a steadier hand than I do! Great captures.

5. Wonderful shots. I shoot macro with D2H + 200mm micro + SB-800 and never use a tripod.

6. The reason that I don't use a tripod very often is 1) I'm lazy, 2) lack of flexibility.
    As you show, it can be done with excellent results, but if I want to achieve that quality I either have to use a tripod :smile: or flash. The latter option is much easier now with the R1 kit enabling me to get images which do hardly look as if flash was used.

Cheers

7. Kudos to you. I used to use a monopod and occasionally a tripod; but I had too many mishaps with them. I keep them in my vehicle, but I prefer to handhold as much as possible.

8. .

Does this mean that you you are at last admitiing that you are a lazy OLD MAN?:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bob F.

9. Wonderful images. Can you please share your breathing technique with us.

Thanks.