More Water...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Mart61, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Inspired by Mikey in his "drop shots" thread, I thought I'd have a crack myself. It's not as easy as Mikey made it sound. Still, the results I got were not too shabby:

Water1.

Abouttohit.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are good:>)))))

3. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    I love the second one. Very nice.

4. LizBug

LizBug

Mar 3, 2006
    Atco,NJ
    i NEED a macro lens! i have been trying to get these kind of shots for so long and my lens just can't do it. you nailed them! great shots!

5. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks for the compliments. I got these shots within the first few captures of the session too. I then spent another hour or so under varying conditions to get better shots but failed.

Strange how that seems to happen all too frequently, or is it just me?

Perhaps I should, in future, go with my initial results and stop messing around trying to do better?

:smile:

6. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    Nice job Mart. It appears that you pulled this off perfectly! Nice job on the B&W conversion. I like the second one the best, also.

7. A-Mazing!! You have a lot of patience!!

8. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Loved the experiments! I can feel some fun coming on...

9. Beautiful shots, esp the second one. I always keep meaning to try this. Some 'experts' have said to use a coloured bowl to give great colours in the water reflections and droplets. Any words of wisdom on techniques you've found successful?

10. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I may well try it with coloured bowls next?

Words of wisdom? Well, I had my sb-600 on top of the D80, angled at 45 degrees or thereabouts, diffuser fitted. I then dropped the water from varying heights roughly into the field of focus. Then I just kept tinkering with the aperture and shutter speeds and kept firing. Nothing clever, more trial and error!