More Water...

Inspired by Mikey in his "drop shots" thread, I thought I'd have a crack myself. It's not as easy as Mikey made it sound. Still, the results I got were not too shabby:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i NEED a macro lens! i have been trying to get these kind of shots for so long and my lens just can't do it. you nailed them! great shots!

Thanks for the compliments. I got these shots within the first few captures of the session too. I then spent another hour or so under varying conditions to get better shots but failed.

Strange how that seems to happen all too frequently, or is it just me?

Perhaps I should, in future, go with my initial results and stop messing around trying to do better?

:smile:

Nice job Mart. It appears that you pulled this off perfectly! Nice job on the B&W conversion. I like the second one the best, also.

Beautiful shots, esp the second one. I always keep meaning to try this. Some 'experts' have said to use a coloured bowl to give great colours in the water reflections and droplets. Any words of wisdom on techniques you've found successful?

Beautiful shots, esp the second one. I always keep meaning to try this. Some 'experts' have said to use a coloured bowl to give great colours in the water reflections and droplets. Any words of wisdom on techniques you've found successful?
I may well try it with coloured bowls next?

Words of wisdom? Well, I had my sb-600 on top of the D80, angled at 45 degrees or thereabouts, diffuser fitted. I then dropped the water from varying heights roughly into the field of focus. Then I just kept tinkering with the aperture and shutter speeds and kept firing. Nothing clever, more trial and error!

:smile:

Latest posts