More yard birds.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kramp, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Chestnut Backed Chickadee.
    [​IMG]

Downy Woodpecker.
    [​IMG]

Oregon Junco.
    [​IMG]

D70, 300 f4 afs Kenko pro 300 1.4 tc.

Martin

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    What a nice variety of birds. And you are getting some very nice shots with the 300 f4 AFS. Keep on posting these great images.

Wade

3. Love these little guys. Nice job.

4. Great shots Martin. Does the downy visit often?

5. Nice birds, Martin, and with you, Rory and Andreas all up on the Island we ought to have a "shoot-fest-get-together" one of these days.

But when I saw the title I was expecting some music, you know, something like "For Your Love" or "Over, Under, Sideways, Down"? Nothing like showing my age, eh????

Good stuff, keep 'em coming. We have a pair of Downeys, and I think even a chick, that have been visiting us this year, they seem to like the suet blocks we put out. But we only see them one at a time. Do you see this as well or have you only had the one come and visit? Ours tend to show up a few times a week and only stay a few minutes at a time.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice.
    Beautiful shot of theose little feathered friends.
    Wonder how the make it in those god awful cold temperatures.

7. Great shots arent these little guys fun to watch

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Martin. I gotta get out in my back yard and shoot some of these guys (just filled the feeders :rolleyes:).

9. Thanks for the comments!

Rory: The Downy Woodpeckers come fairly steady through the day, there is also Hairy's and Northern Flickers every day.

Bill: An Island get together would be great there are some other lurkers here from the island also that I am sure would be interested.

The Woodpeckers come fairly steady through the day I have seen up to five Downy and hairy's at one time, sometimes they take naps in the the trees near the feeder.

I make Woodpecker feeders from a log and drill 3/4" holes in it and fill them with a peanut butter mixture of sunflower seeds and walnuts, they really like this. The Chickadees like it also.

Martin

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    When I was a child I would feed little birds, chickadees and bluejays, or what ever from my hand with peanut butter.

I still love you Grandpa :<((((( Miss you toooooo

11. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Pretty birds and excellent shots.Sharp&colourful.