1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mormon Road.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by camerapapi, Jul 20, 2008.

1. For those of you that have visited Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming I am sure this place is well known. It happens to be a favorite spot for photographers.
    I was there last year getting up in early October with temperatures ranging in the 30's just to photograph the early morning light.
    This is one of the several barns on Mormon Road. The most photographed one is about 3 miles west of here. I will show that picture in a future post.
    D1X.
    Tokina 12-24 f4.
    Manfrotto 3021 with Linhof ballhead.

MormonRoad.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

2. gorgeous shot, love the use of the tree in the foreground

3. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Nice shot Sir.
    I was there on the 8th July. I didn't realize there were more than the one pictured above.
    It's a bit too far for me to go back and re-shoot :wink:

4. I dont know that I have seen this view before. Very nice, and it certainly stands out from most of the other shots of just the barns I have seen.

5. that is beautiful
    thanks for sharing it with us

6. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Very very nice. Excellent composition using tree to frame it. Well done!

7. Most people focus (bad pun, I know) on the weather wood of the barn. You decision to bring in the trees is refreshing. It works especially well here, given that the Tetons themselves are mostly covered by clouds.

8. I want to thank you all of you for your nice compliments.
    Bright Angel, on that particular morning there was a group of British citizens shooting with a gentleman that most probably was their sponsor. It had rained the night before and the ground was slippery. To the right of the picture there was a small, rustic wooden bridge and I almost fall if not for a British girl who swiftly came to my rescue. I was loaded with two bodies, several lenses and a tripod and she actually saved my gear from the fall. That day I sweared I will not buy Chinese shoes again.
    Grand Teton has a lot to offer. This particular barn I photographed is excellent in the early morning light and in the evening while the most photographed one, about 3 miles west from here, is spectacular at sunrise and it is the shot we always see in calendars.
    This is the "other" barn but the most popular one. I was going to show it at another time
    but I guess I better do it now. If this is again the rules, Mr. Moderator just go ahead and remove it. Shot with a D100 and a 28-105 AF Nikkor.
    William.

Barn.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.