1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Morning at the beach

Discussion in 'People' started by 130meow, Aug 2, 2008.

1. 130meow

130meow

Apr 22, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Fiancee and myself were scouting at a beach location for an engagement session next Monday at sunrise. Just some test shots we took with a tripod. We used the D300's interval timer feature so that we don't have to run around setting up the camera.

C&C are welcome... and no face was deliberate on these pics...

original.
    View attachment 231480
    View attachment 231481

2. Ppub101

Ppub101

Oct 10, 2005
    Asheville NC
    I love your series you got..... Fantastic work!

3. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    It seems that you have found a nice spot. These are great.

4. WOW, background is perfect!

The silhouette is just outstanding, I really like it.

My only nit-pik about the first two would be the shadow on the faces, maybe adding an additional flash for would help.

5. 130meow

130meow

Apr 22, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    Thanks a lot for the comments... yeah I think the light is a bit harsh too. I am already bouncing my SB800 off an umbrella off a light stand... maybe I will bring another light/stand/umbrella on the day.

6. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    I love the silhouett! The vibrance you captured in the background is excellent.

7. all 3 are superb to my eyes
    well done

8. aaephoto

aaephoto

Jun 24, 2008
    New Zealand
    wow, i like the first one...

Can you share the technical details of the first shot?

9. amazing and perfect. Now that you know you have it sorted and in such glorious backdrops, charge em more :) 

10. Boy did you ever find a dramatic sky. Love the silhouette.

11. 130meow

130meow

Apr 22, 2008
    Toronto, ON

The light was with an off camera SB800 shot at a reflective umbrella. I used the Tokina 11-16/2.8 for that shot. It's really my first time trying this kind of off camera lighting.

12. You should get a lot of customers waking up very early if they see these shots!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.