Morning boy

Discussion in 'People' started by Beezle, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Was practicing low light at first light this morning and the 50 1.2 when my two year old woke up and wandered by.

Shot -.67 to keep the shutter speed up (busy subject), f2, ISO 400. Pushed back up in NC by .67.

I am thinking I love this lens. It seems to do OOF areas better than anything else I have. Or should I say more reliably. In any case, I like how some of these photos are coming out.

[​IMG]

2. Hi nice work how did the photo look with out the push back of .67 ? Did it look brighter?

But this is very nice shot as it is!

3. That is pushed back up. There was very little light, and I didn't want to lose how the scene actually looked.

4. Hey Beezle...This is very nice using the low light. That lens seems to be awesome. Wonder how it compares to the 50mm 1.4.

5. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Nice shot! With an f2 and a fast moving little boy, the focusing must work pretty well?

6. Thanks.

Manual focusing is fun, but I find that I only manage decent focus, at least with subjects such as my son, about one in ten tries. The "range finder" use of the D2X's AF helps a lot. I've gotten to be reliable at manual focusing still subjects.

Catz, I would say they are comparable lenses. But to my eye, the 1.2 is more gentle. The transition from sharp to soft seems to be smoother. A pretty subject thing really. I would say wide open the 1.4 I have is a little more sharp. But I still prefer the images I see from the 1.2.