1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Morning Coffee

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by philip, Aug 28, 2008.

1. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel
    I found this young man sitting in one of two arm chairs, in the window of a cafe, facing the street. I found this scene to be quite a novelty and received his permission to take a couple of shots.​

morning%20coffee.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I really, really like the fact that you did not use a polarizer to get rid of the reflections in the window. The reflections add an air of imtimacy to the photo. This is nice street work.

3. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel
    Thanks a lot Rick.
    I don't know how much a polarizer would have helped me here, since the window is quite dirty from the street and traffic grime. I saturated the colour a little in order to compensate for this. Apart from that, I think that the reflections are part and parcel of a shot like this.

4. I like the reflections too... adds depth and detail about the scene. But where's the coffee?

5. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel

Thanks David.

Ice Coffee :biggrin:

ice%20coffee.png.jpg

6. Both shots are very good ............

Best,

7. Really cool

And I like the other side of the window picture as well, excellent capture

8. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel
    Thanks Bob.

9. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel

Thanks very much for your comments Dude.

10. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Philip, I like this... it's a nice casual "slice of life" image. I will agree with the others regarding the reflection on the window... it adds to the image.

11. i like these 2 shots.... a lot
    they look terrific
    i'm a big fan of such reflective work

i hope you won't mind me adding one of mine
    i surely remove it, immediately, if you'd like
    IN and reflected FROM the window of a starbucks in downtown clearwater
    D3+14/24
    my wife's reflection on the right side of the images allows you to see more "INSIDE" the coffee shop

247446763_Vw8kV-XL.jpg

12. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel
    I totally agree, and thank you for your visit and comments. :Glasses:

13. philip

philip

Aug 27, 2008
    Natanya, Israel
    Thanks a lot for your comments and for sharing your work with us here Greg. Great shot and processing. :cool: 
    I must admit that I am a real novice to reflective work.
    On my way home after this morning’s shoot, I took the train and after a few shots from inside the carriage I found some very interesting reflections inside and from the window behind me. Haven't worked on them yet, but will post later.

14. thanks for allowing me to invade your thread with my image
    i can't wait to see more from you later... enjoy the post-processing

this other one....
    was taken outside my car... through the driver's side window
    you can see through the car to the other side... and behind me, in the reflection... "posterized" in ps cs2
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.