Morning Dove ?

A capture of a morning Dove ? as the snow ? storm was moving through my neck of the woods. D850 and Sigma 500mm f4.

DSC_2742_DxO_1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Cropped
DSC_2742_DxO_1~2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nice. For the crop, I'd leave more room to the right.... Then back of the bird isn't that interesting and some negative space to the right would enhance the focus on the head of the bird.

Nice. For the crop, I'd leave more room to the right.... Then back of the bird isn't that interesting and some negative space to the right would enhance the focus on the head of the bird.
Thank you Karen. Actually image one is pretty much what I shot, the crop is very slight, the second one is an enhanced crop of the image. The bird and I where very close. The back of the bird was not even in the frame when I took the shot.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thank you Karen. Actually image one is pretty much what I shot, the crop is very slight, the second one is an enhanced crop of the image. The bird and I where very close. The back of the bird was not even in the frame when I took the shot.
Yeah.....I got that as it is pretty obvious and you said the second shot is a crop. The back of the bird (not the rump, but the back....) and the chest dominate the second image. IMHO...it would be better to have more negative space to the right in front of the bird. YMMV.......

Real Name
Randy
Nice but the crop looks awkward to me . I've always struggle on where to crop so i stick to never crop off bird parts or just go with a portrait

Latest threads

Top Bottom