Morning Hawk Hunt

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I stumbled across a couple of hawks this morning while walking around my local pond. One Red Tail and one Red Shoulder who I believe is a bit long in the beak since he (or she) had the reddest chest I had ever seen. It almost looked like a large Robin!

These were all taken with D300 and 300mm f/4 AF-S hand held (I left my monopod at home like an idiot).

Red Tail
    [​IMG]

Red Shoulder
    [​IMG]

These are just the first couple I've processed, more to come later, if any of them actually turned out decent! :biggrin:

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Here are a couple more of the Red Tail in different spots on different trees as I chased him around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    That first shot from behind of the Red Tail is awesome. Great shot.

4. Love the RTH shot, great detail.

5. nice shots
    #2 is my favorite

well done, dave

6. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I like the second to last one in post #2, it's like looking into the private live of a Hawk. Looks like he is pondering something very important, lik the best way to prepare his dinner! :) unusual and very nice!!! Actually they are all very well done!

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks...it was one of the first ones I shot of it. He flew right by my head (I didn't see him initially sitting in the tree) and landed here. I have one of him looking right at me. He was only about 10 yards in front of me.

Thanks.

That one is my favorite too...thanks for looking Greg.

I liked that one too as it was interesting to see it shot through the foliage. I'm glad it actually turned out in focus! Thanks for looking.