1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Morning Hawk Hunt

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I stumbled across a couple of hawks this morning while walking around my local pond. One Red Tail and one Red Shoulder who I believe is a bit long in the beak since he (or she) had the reddest chest I had ever seen. It almost looked like a large Robin!

These were all taken with D300 and 300mm f/4 AF-S hand held (I left my monopod at home like an idiot).

Red Tail
    [​IMG]

Red Shoulder
    [​IMG]

These are just the first couple I've processed, more to come later, if any of them actually turned out decent! :biggrin:

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Here are a couple more of the Red Tail in different spots on different trees as I chased him around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    That first shot from behind of the Red Tail is awesome. Great shot.

4. Love the RTH shot, great detail.

5. nice shots
    #2 is my favorite

well done, dave

6. JustEd

JustEd

Jul 21, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I like the second to last one in post #2, it's like looking into the private live of a Hawk. Looks like he is pondering something very important, lik the best way to prepare his dinner! :)  unusual and very nice!!! Actually they are all very well done!

7. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks...it was one of the first ones I shot of it. He flew right by my head (I didn't see him initially sitting in the tree) and landed here. I have one of him looking right at me. He was only about 10 yards in front of me.

Thanks.

That one is my favorite too...thanks for looking Greg.

I liked that one too as it was interesting to see it shot through the foliage. I'm glad it actually turned out in focus! Thanks for looking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.