Morning Hawk Hunt

I stumbled across a couple of hawks this morning while walking around my local pond. One Red Tail and one Red Shoulder who I believe is a bit long in the beak since he (or she) had the reddest chest I had ever seen. It almost looked like a large Robin!

These were all taken with D300 and 300mm f/4 AF-S hand held (I left my monopod at home like an idiot).

Red Tail
rt_hawk002.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Red Shoulder
rshoulder_hawk001.jpg

These are just the first couple I've processed, more to come later, if any of them actually turned out decent! :biggrin:

Comments and critiques are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple more of the Red Tail in different spots on different trees as I chased him around.

rt_hawk003.jpg

rt_hawk004.jpg

rt_hawk005.jpg

rt_hawk006.jpg

I like the second to last one in post #2, it's like looking into the private live of a Hawk. Looks like he is pondering something very important, lik the best way to prepare his dinner! :) unusual and very nice!!! Actually they are all very well done!

That first shot from behind of the Red Tail is awesome. Great shot.

Thanks...it was one of the first ones I shot of it. He flew right by my head (I didn't see him initially sitting in the tree) and landed here. I have one of him looking right at me. He was only about 10 yards in front of me.

Love the RTH shot, great detail.

Thanks.

nice shots
#2 is my favorite

well done, dave

That one is my favorite too...thanks for looking Greg.

I like the second to last one in post #2, it's like looking into the private live of a Hawk. Looks like he is pondering something very important, lik the best way to prepare his dinner! :) unusual and very nice!!! Actually they are all very well done!

I liked that one too as it was interesting to see it shot through the foliage. I'm glad it actually turned out in focus! Thanks for looking.

Latest threads

Top Bottom