Morning light over the Blueridge Mtns

I dont really get to travel much and i would love to get out to the midwest but for now I will keep practicing my landscape shots on the Blueridge Mtns lol

Went to the mountains again this past weekend. Woke up at 5am (should have woke up at 3 since i needed to find a spot). I am driving on the blue ridge parkway peeking at every spot looking for where the light is and sunrise is at 6:15am and when I finally get to this spot its 6:10. It wasn't even a real spot, it was a break in the trees and i had to pull off to the side and squeeze in.

still mad about the 2 trees in the middle blocking part of the view but still loved the image and the light.

9194667418_c248e19bca_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MtnView 1 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

And this is a different spot i saw driving back down the mountain a little later in the morning

9194667588_cb34fa7d4c_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MtnView 2 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

Thanks everyone!

Newfoundland Gap?

Wonderful landscape and perfect pictures.

Regards from Germany
Klaus

I'm not sure, i just drove around the blue ridge parkway until i found a good spot lol

To predict sun and moon events at a particular geographic spot, look into the "Photographers Ephemeris". It is just a few dollars to download to iPad or iPhone.

just downloaded this app for 5 dollars after reading all of the reviews.

I dont understand how to use it so Ill have to read up on it but thanks for the heads up on it!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom