Morning light over the Blueridge Mtns

I dont really get to travel much and i would love to get out to the midwest but for now I will keep practicing my landscape shots on the Blueridge Mtns lol

Went to the mountains again this past weekend. Woke up at 5am (should have woke up at 3 since i needed to find a spot). I am driving on the blue ridge parkway peeking at every spot looking for where the light is and sunrise is at 6:15am and when I finally get to this spot its 6:10. It wasn't even a real spot, it was a break in the trees and i had to pull off to the side and squeeze in.

still mad about the 2 trees in the middle blocking part of the view but still loved the image and the light.

9194667418_c248e19bca_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MtnView 1 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

And this is a different spot i saw driving back down the mountain a little later in the morning

9194667588_cb34fa7d4c_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MtnView 2 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

Thanks everyone!

Newfoundland Gap?

Wonderful landscape and perfect pictures.

Regards from Germany
Klaus

I'm not sure, i just drove around the blue ridge parkway until i found a good spot lol

To predict sun and moon events at a particular geographic spot, look into the "Photographers Ephemeris". It is just a few dollars to download to iPad or iPhone.

just downloaded this app for 5 dollars after reading all of the reviews.

I dont understand how to use it so Ill have to read up on it but thanks for the heads up on it!

Latest threads

Top Bottom