morning out with the sigma 150-500

It looks like the IQ suffered from the NR you applied.
This lens works very well with the D800 from what I have seen.
Hope to see some sharper images.

Given the guy's in Durham I'll guess the ISO was high as the light has been poor up here recently. That said, less Noise reduction and sensible sharpening will make these images, especially the Wren (great capture they're flighty little birds)

There's nothing wrong with a bit of grain as long as it's luminance and not colour noise.

thanx for comments yes I agree with you all it was high noise or loose quality I went for less noise :-(. the light was poor as phil said, im still getting used to the camera and a beginner so hope to get better :)

steven

Hi Steven
You're 95% of the way there, the captures are good and thats the hard bit. I've never got a good Wren shot ever!

I don't know what settings you had in lightroom but try not to get the luminance noise reduction too high, if you need to have it higher than normal make sure you take the detail slider up too to mask out areas you don't want smeared. Better still is to paint an adjustment mask on where you want NR and then where you want sharpening. It's quick and easy to do in LR it's certainly a skill worth practicing :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom