Morning-sun

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by FishSauce, Nov 11, 2005.

1. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Lost in the wood ... Hope you like it

MORNING-SUN
    [​IMG]

2. I like it. Was the original in BW?

3. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    warren,
    The original is in color.
    Glad that you like it :smile:

4. Wow, neat shot!!

5. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Frits,
    Thanks

6. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi Ben

I really like that.

The cnage to B/w has worked brilliant.

Would love to see the colour shot if you get a chance.

All the best

Ray

7. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ray,
    Here is the color shot :smile:

[​IMG]

8. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Ben,

I agree a great great shot for conversion, Bravo on your great composition and eye. Great capture.

Might I suggest that you consider even adjusting the levels even more and create much more contrast? Try moving the black level up a lot and moving the midrange down to around .9. This is a great shot, but I think a lot of contrast, silhouette, would work even better. By doing this I think you could isolate the center bright spot/sun, and create more contrast between the shadows. If you would like me to post a quick sample let me know.

Also, keep in mind I like a lot of blacks, contrast, and silhouetted shapes in my BW images. Only my personal taste, not right or wrong.

Super super image, I just like this shot in BW, hence why I am so interested in it. Bravo.

Wade

9. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    I like the b/w version very much, more than the color one. I also like the way you rendered it. Nice shot and composition.

10. Ben:

Very nice. I agree with Wade that a bit more contract might help, but that is the beauty of photography. Everyones eye is different and I can't really find any fault in this great image.

Gil

11. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wade,
    Thanks for your comments.
    I call this picture "Morning..." so I rendered in a way that it could reflect the feeling of morning, however I still would like to see your sample.

Heiko,
    Thanks

Gil,
    Thanks for your compliment
    In my opinion, photography is a way for us to capture the surrounding and also to express our feeling, sometime it is more or less like a poem without words.

12. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Ben,

Once again, mine is just a different opinion, Your intended title now that I have heard it doesn't seem to fit my conversion! As stated in the other reply, I tend toward the "dark" side with my BW images. I don't know why, I just do, so here goes, a quick dirty conversion from your low res color file:

(ps I have mentioned that I really really like this shot! :biggrin: )

[​IMG]

13. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wade,
    Thanks for taking your time to render this, somehow I really like it ( sincerely ) because it reveals different feeling and mood.
    Your suggestion is greatly appreciated. Don't hesitate to give me feedback on my work, that is how I could improve my skill.

Just browsed your site, you have a very impressive collection of works. BW Landscapes Vol1 collection is stunning.