Critique Morten's (BLX) 52 weeks project 2020 - Week 29+30

Real Name
Morten
Two very nice compositions, one indoors with a dark subject and one outdoors with a lighter one for contrast.

They prompt me to look forward to Spring and feel nostalgic for vinyl records.

Thanks a lot Bill

Vinyl record shot looks very cool Morten. Very nice use of DOF in the flower shot. I would try cropping about 1/4 of the image from the left hand side to see it the composition improves more.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a go

Two very lovely shots—and as has been noted, full of emotion (nostalgia and longing).

Many thanks Nick

These are really lovely, Morten! My favorite is the flower, but both are excellent macro/closeup shots!
Why is there no EXIF info provided under the images?

Thank you Connie. I don't know why the exif is not there. I have inserted them from flickr like I did with the previous?

Two wonderful photos Morten. Being a gear-head, I'm really liking the vinyl shot. :)

Thanks a lot Gordon

Ah, Flickr..... That may have something to do with it, but I don't know. I upload to this site directly from my computer rather than using my Zenfolio account for that purpose. Whatever software Amin uses on here may not work as well when images are hot linked, I'm not sure. It is an automatic process when one uploads from their own machine, I do know that much.

Reactions: BLX
Real Name
Morten

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Morton!!!! ???

It is so nice to see you here again! How have you been? And how is the family especially my babies Lasse and Lisa? I see everyone, including Marley, has grown so much. I look forward to seeing all of your images, and a very nice start to the 52 week so far!

• Appreciate
Real Name
Morten
Morton!!!! ???

It is so nice to see you here again! How have you been? And how is the family especially my babies Lasse and Lisa? I see everyone, including Marley, has grown so much. I look forward to seeing all of your images, and a very nice start to the 52 week so far!

Thanks we are all good... and busy :shame:
I said to myself that I needed to do this 52 week challenge this year or to begin sell out of the equipment which has been collecting dust.
I missed the shooting and hopefully this can motivate me again

Real Name
Morten
Week 9

Marley enjoying the garden

#12: E-M1 + 75/1.8
49595151723_c69f85f9f3_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-M1_2020-02-23_P2230353.jpg by -Morten-, on Flickr

The flowers from last week (#11) opened up this week

#13: E-M1 + 60/2.8
49595902752_d01b736702_h.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

E-M1_2020-02-28_P2280390.jpg by -Morten-, on Flickr

Cute doggie and beautiful flowers! Spring is definitely on its way at your place! :)

I definitely agree about how doing a project like this can motivate one and get the photography juices flowing again. I took somewhat of a hiatus from photography for a while, too, and the same thing happened, my gear sat around in bags and cabinets, not being used. In the summer of 2018 I bought a "bridge" camera, an RX10 IV and that kind of started me going again, and I had a lot of fun with that camera, but.....one thing it does not do well is macro, and I also sometimes was frustrated by the small sensor on that camera. I started thinking about gear again and shooting a bit more, but mostly snapshot kinds of things, nothing serious. The RX10 is a great travel/walkaround camera and I really appreciate it for that purpose.

I started looking at reviews and comments, others' images and also thinking more seriously about what it is I most like to shoot. I had a Sony mirrorless camera, the NEX 7, so was already familiar with and really liked mirrorless cameras. I wanted something new and I felt that for me mirrorless was the way forward. I had almost settled on getting a Sony A7 III when around that time we learned that Nikon was going to be releasing a new mirrorless series, so of course I waited to see what was coming. I still investigated other cameras, for various reasons becoming more interested in the A7R III, and watched as the Z cameras began getting into users' hands. Time went on..... I looked at Nikon's "roadmap" and not a macro lens in sight. Uh-oh..... A macro lens is very important to me. Just about the time I had decided on the A7R III, darned if Sony didn't announce the A7R IV! I waited some more, to see what that camera would bring to the field..... Finally in November I took the leap and bought an A7R IV and, yes, two macro lenses. Not long after that on its updated "roadmap" Nikon finally included a couple of macros, but -- sorry, too late for me. I'm already very happily enjoying my new gear and am pleasantly surprised at the burst of pent-up energy that I've been expending ever since, shooting nearly every day, shooting subjects of various sorts, exploring more in the way of editing/post-processing/retouching, etc. It's fun and really wonderful! I've got a whole new lease on (photographic) life! I hope that something similar happens for you, as photography is too special a creative outlet to just let slip out of one's life.

• Appreciate
Week 8 - cool raindrop shots, I especially like that second one.

Week 9 - nice pup portrait!

• Appreciate
Real Name
Morten
Cute doggie and beautiful flowers! Spring is definitely on its way at your place! :)

I definitely agree about how doing a project like this can motivate one and get the photography juices flowing again. I took somewhat of a hiatus from photography for a while, too, and the same thing happened, my gear sat around in bags and cabinets, not being used. In the summer of 2018 I bought a "bridge" camera, an RX10 IV and that kind of started me going again, and I had a lot of fun with that camera, but.....one thing it does not do well is macro, and I also sometimes was frustrated by the small sensor on that camera. I started thinking about gear again and shooting a bit more, but mostly snapshot kinds of things, nothing serious. The RX10 is a great travel/walkaround camera and I really appreciate it for that purpose.

I started looking at reviews and comments, others' images and also thinking more seriously about what it is I most like to shoot. I had a Sony mirrorless camera, the NEX 7, so was already familiar with and really liked mirrorless cameras. I wanted something new and I felt that for me mirrorless was the way forward. I had almost settled on getting a Sony A7 III when around that time we learned that Nikon was going to be releasing a new mirrorless series, so of course I waited to see what was coming. I still investigated other cameras, for various reasons becoming more interested in the A7R III, and watched as the Z cameras began getting into users' hands. Time went on..... I looked at Nikon's "roadmap" and not a macro lens in sight. Uh-oh..... A macro lens is very important to me. Just about the time I had decided on the A7R III, darned if Sony didn't announce the A7R IV! I waited some more, to see what that camera would bring to the field..... Finally in November I took the leap and bought an A7R IV and, yes, two macro lenses. Not long after that on its updated "roadmap" Nikon finally included a couple of macros, but -- sorry, too late for me. I'm already very happily enjoying my new gear and am pleasantly surprised at the burst of pent-up energy that I've been expending ever since, shooting nearly every day, shooting subjects of various sorts, exploring more in the way of editing/post-processing/retouching, etc. It's fun and really wonderful! I've got a whole new lease on (photographic) life! I hope that something similar happens for you, as photography is too special a creative outlet to just let slip out of one's life.

Thanks for the motivating words. I agree macro/close-up lenses are important... and you are surely getting great use of yours (y)
Also the lust for equipment is never ending - it has been a long time since I've last bought anything - I must resist I have plenty :stop:

Marley looks like he is enjoying the nice weather and wants to play!

Beautiful flowers with a subtle composition, very nice Morten.

Many thanks Bill

What a difference a week makes—that says Spring has arrived.

It is incredible what happens in a week - thanks Nick

Week 8 - cool raindrop shots, I especially like that second one.

Week 9 - nice pup portrait!

Thanks a lot Gordon

Real Name
Morten
Wow, I have not seen a linear tracking table in a long long time. As an old vinyl guy, it brought back memories. What else can a picture do? Nicely done, thanks
Gary

Many thanks Gary. Some years back I got this turntable. Finally I could say it was a good idea to have kept all my vinyl in boxes for over 20 years :D
I really enjoy it and have bought many again. It is a different experience than listen to streaming

Latest threads

Top Bottom