1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mosaic Darners (some in flight)

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by fuss, Aug 26, 2008.

1. I think these are Canada Darners but cant say for sure. The first two pics were taken in Ontario Canada during a fishing trip, I used my Canon G7 for them, the others with my D200 and 70-300vr back in Wisconsin.

2794704919_836832efe7_b.

2795557178_3baf1f45d0_b.

2799153826_182c0c4c0d_b.
    I almost had this shot clear but a breeze blew the cattail's in front of it and I ended up with a cloudy shot.
    2799159590_d8acb6e224_b.

2798307083_424f09f28a_b.

Thx
    Brian

2. Crave

Crave Guest

That guy seems huge!
    My favourite is the second one, i think im a pervert!

3. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Excellent Brian. Those Darners are impressive dragonflies.

4. Nice shots, Brian

I'd call the first two Canada as well. The first flying one also looks like a Canada. The second flying one is a male Lance-tipped Darner, Aeshna constricta.

Cheers,

Larry

5. I still can't figure out how anything happens! oh well.

Nice shots and for me any DIF that shows up at all blurred or not someplace in the pic is an accomplishment
    glenn

6. Ecellent series, Brian!

Very impressive Draners, indeed! And the mating shot is a great catch!!!

7. Thx very much for the ID.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.