Moth

Late evening picture of a moth on my Purple Robed Locust tree. Shot with my D2H and 105mm f2.8 lens. I have no idea what kind of a moth it is but perhaps Bob will take a look and ID it.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry,Gordon but I really need a view of the top of the wings to even make a remote guess at it.
I have a feeling that it could be one of the daytime flying moths, but I can really say no more than that. It certainly has a nice sheen to it.

BW. Bob F.

Bob the Spiderman said:
Sorry,Gordon but I really need a view of the top of the wings to even make a remote guess at it.
I have a feeling that it could be one of the daytime flying moths, but I can really say no more than that. It certainly has a nice sheen to it.

BW. Bob F.
Hey Bob, thanks for looking and for your comments. I do have an image of a partial wing.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Am I good or Am I good!!!

I said it was a time flying moth and it is!!

It is a Silver Y. Autographa gamma. Family NOCTUIDAE.

Pure bloomin luck. I must do the lottery tonight as my luck seems to be in.

BW. Bob F.

Bob the Spiderman said:
Am I good or Am I good!!!

I said it was a time flying moth and it is!!

It is a Silver Y. Autographa gamma. Family NOCTUIDAE.

Pure bloomin luck. I must do the lottery tonight as my luck seems to be in.

BW. Bob F.
What a guy Bob, you have come through again. Let me know how the lottery works out. :lol: :lol:

Gordon,

I still can't see the image. :(

Must be pretty good though, from all the nice comments. :)

Frank

Gordon,

Well, after a number of tries, I can finally see it. It is very pretty. Kinda glows. 8)

Regards,

Frank

Gordon, I am not sure but I think I like the second pic even more. Not easy to shoot those guys, they are very quick.
I did not know that this species of Owl moth (Bob's ID is correct - BTW) also occurs across the lake. It is one of the most common species of Noctuids here in Europe.

Thanks Mike and Harry. Your right they are very quick and their wings always seem to be fluttering even when they are sitting still. We had a wet winter and spring here in St. George, Utah, and these moths are all over my flowers (bush and tree).

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom