Mother Nature's joke

That's it...it's not funny anymore!!! Mother Nature, please stop the practical jokes already!
It's the 16th of April (spring is supposed to be in full swing right now) and I had to wake up to this!!!! I'll spare you from the words I said as I woke up and saw this or the other ones I also said while driving to work!

Here are just a few snaps from this morning at dawn! They are straight out of the camera, no PP.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That white mound in the middle is supposed to be a bird house on top of my pergola.

Hi Frank, that does not look like fun. Here we are in the 70's and enjoying the good life. I feel sorry for the people running the Boston Marathon this morning as it is cold and wet.

I will side with Gale and say that your WB is way off as the snow should be somewhat white regardless of how dark it is. I suggest you go to levels and get the white eyedropper and click on the brightest patch of snow and it will come close to fixing the WB problem.

Here is an example:

I will be glad to take this down if it offends you.

I will side with Gale and say that your WB is way off as the snow should be somewhat white regardless of how dark it is. I suggest you go to levels and get the white eyedropper and click on the brightest patch of snow and it will come close to fixing the WB problem.
Hello Gordon,

you and Gale are absolutely right pertaining to the WB issue with these shots. All I meant is when I looked outside this morning, everything had this weird bluish tint (sort of like these shots straight out the the camera)...but it could just be me...I had not had my first (or second or third) cup of coffee yet!!!:biggrin: Your fix does look better though! Thanks for the input.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty close

CS2..Chip springers grey card action action, tweeked the different layers the action sets up
high pass filter to sharpen

lolol It works in cs3 as well....

www.atncentral.com
Chip Springers Grey card action.

Now it may also need some tweeking as well.
It sets up layers that include, selective color, hue/daturation, color balance and levels.
I will look for Chips tutorial for you.

You can do it without the action. But having the layers set up for you sure helps.
I hate magenta and cyan color casts, so I have been a demon to attack them...lololol

Go through these links to get further help and how to.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/search.asp?query=grey+card+action&page=1&forum=1006

lolol It works in cs3 as well....

www.atncentral.com
Chip Springers Grey card action.

Now it may also need some tweeking as well.
It sets up layers that include, selective color, hue/daturation, color balance and levels.
I will look for Chips tutorial for you.

You can do it without the action. But having the layers set up for you sure helps.
I hate magenta and cyan color casts, so I have been a demon to attack them...lololol

Go through these links to get further help and how to.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/search.asp?query=grey+card+action&page=1&forum=1006
Nice fix! I'm going to give that action a spin for sure.

Well it is great that you posted these.
It allows the retouchers to showt some of the PS we know and be able to teach:>))
The rest of this if you decide to work on it or need help , PLEASE POST IN THE RETOUCHING FORUM
I was very happy to help. Your images are nice.

I'm with you François, this "spring" is testing us to the core. I have even stopped taking pictures of the new snow that we get over and over again this year...
Aaarrrghhh....I wanna play golf!!....:frown: :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ièm with you François, this "spring" is testing us to the core. I have even stopped taking pictures of the new snow that we get over and over again this year...
Aaarrrghhh....I wanna play golf!!....:frown: :frown:
Oh yeah!....hitting the links would be really nice right about now!!! (where's the beer cart!:biggrin: )

Rob

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: The argument between the red devil on my left shoulder and the white nice guy on my right shoulder.

White. No don't do it!
Red. Yeah, tell them!
White. Nah, don't go there, they'll just get upset.
Red. Go oooonnnnnn. :biggrin:

This morning in the sunshine I found these.

European Robin

Great Tit

Also acres of Bluebells. :smile: have a nice day y'all.

Inkuuuummmmin again.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: The argument between the red devil on my left shoulder and the white nice guy on my right shoulder.

White. No don't do it!
Red. Yeah, tell them!
White. Nah, don't go there, they'll just get upset.
Red. Go oooonnnnnn. :biggrin:

This morning in the sunshine I found these.

European Robin

Great Tit

Also acres of Bluebells. :smile: have a nice day y'all.

Inkuuuummmmin again.
Those voices....they're talking to me again....and they don't like yooouuuuu!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yea, that front made it all the way down here and now it's 74 degrees. when's it going to stop. :smile:
Looks like it may finally be stopping for us up here!
We're finally getting some good news from the weather person today....next Saturday is supposed (I did say supposed!) to be sunny and 19 degrees Celsius (about 66F for my southern friends)!!!:biggrin: Woohoo!!!

Time to get the short sleeves and shorts out!!! (where did I leave my sandals last fall???:confused: )

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom