Mother Nature's joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fotographik, Apr 16, 2007.

1. That's it...it's not funny anymore!!! Mother Nature, please stop the practical jokes already!
    It's the 16th of April (spring is supposed to be in full swing right now) and I had to wake up to this!!!! I'll spare you from the words I said as I woke up and saw this or the other ones I also said while driving to work!

Here are just a few snaps from this morning at dawn! They are straight out of the camera, no PP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That white mound in the middle is supposed to be a bird house on top of my pergola.
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Eeekkkk
    Would not like to wake up to that either

What did you do to your W/B

3. Not the way I like to wake up!!!

Did not do a thing to WB, it was just very dark outside!

4. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Please keep it. We had it last week, and I'm tired of it!

5. Hi Frank, that does not look like fun. Here we are in the 70's and enjoying the good life. I feel sorry for the people running the Boston Marathon this morning as it is cold and wet.

I will side with Gale and say that your WB is way off as the snow should be somewhat white regardless of how dark it is. I suggest you go to levels and get the white eyedropper and click on the brightest patch of snow and it will come close to fixing the WB problem.

Here is an example:

original.

I will be glad to take this down if it offends you.

6. Hello Gordon,

you and Gale are absolutely right pertaining to the WB issue with these shots. All I meant is when I looked outside this morning, everything had this weird bluish tint (sort of like these shots straight out the the camera)...but it could just be me...I had not had my first (or second or third) cup of coffee yet!!!:biggrin: Your fix does look better though! Thanks for the input.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This is pretty close

CS2..Chip springers grey card action action, tweeked the different layers the action sets up
    high pass filter to sharpen

8. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Gale,

Do you have a CS2 action to make it disappear too?

I'd upgrade for sure!

I had a similar surprise this morning.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    lolol It works in cs3 as well....

www.atncentral.com
    Chip Springers Grey card action.

Now it may also need some tweeking as well.
    It sets up layers that include, selective color, hue/daturation, color balance and levels.
    I will look for Chips tutorial for you.

You can do it without the action. But having the layers set up for you sure helps.
    I hate magenta and cyan color casts, so I have been a demon to attack them...lololol

Go through these links to get further help and how to.
    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/search.asp?query=grey+card+action&page=1&forum=1006

10. Nice fix! I'm going to give that action a spin for sure.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Francois,
    Will take some tweeking and fiddling..:>))))

12. That it will! Initially I was only posting the "as is" pics to sort of show the snow that fell upon us overnight (oh joy!:mad: )...now, I figure I might as well make them look right!

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well it is great that you posted these.
    It allows the retouchers to showt some of the PS we know and be able to teach:>))
    The rest of this if you decide to work on it or need help , PLEASE POST IN THE RETOUCHING FORUM
    I was very happy to help. Your images are nice.

14. He he he everything is so blue, I guess the WB is a mood meter on that particular camera... I'd have a bad case of the blues if I had to drive in the snow as well :wink:

15. I'm with you François, this "spring" is testing us to the core. I have even stopped taking pictures of the new snow that we get over and over again this year...
    Aaarrrghhh....I wanna play golf!!....:frown: :frown:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  16. Oh yeah!....hitting the links would be really nice right about now!!! (where's the beer cart!:biggrin: )

17. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: The argument between the red devil on my left shoulder and the white nice guy on my right shoulder.

White. No don't do it!
    Red. Yeah, tell them!
    White. Nah, don't go there, they'll just get upset.
    Red. Go oooonnnnnn. :biggrin:

This morning in the sunshine I found these.

European Robin

RobinTehidy.

Great Tit

GreattitTehidy.

Also acres of Bluebells. :smile: have a nice day y'all.

Inkuuuummmmin again.

18. Yea, that front made it all the way down here and now it's 74 degrees. when's it going to stop. :smile:

19. Those voices....they're talking to me again....and they don't like yooouuuuu!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

20. Looks like it may finally be stopping for us up here!
    We're finally getting some good news from the weather person today....next Saturday is supposed (I did say supposed!) to be sunny and 19 degrees Celsius (about 66F for my southern friends)!!!:biggrin: Woohoo!!!

Time to get the short sleeves and shorts out!!! (where did I leave my sandals last fall???:confused: )