MotoGP from Indy

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Tim White, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Tim White

Tim White Guest

Just an ordinary spectator was I, so just a few photos to share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. well, they're quite extraordinary pics! Love the angle in #2, not as keen as #3 being tilted...great colors & contrast esp #4...w/ nature's natural softbox :biggrin:

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    wow, really nice Tim, I like everything about #4

4. Fantastic Tim. These were shot from normal spectator vantage points? :eek: 

5. These are out of the ordinary—nice captures!

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    ordinary spectator, extraordinary shots!

7. Tim White

Tim White Guest

Thanks, all. It was my first GP and I was stoked just to be there. But next year I'll want credentials. :wink:

8. some of the best ive ever seen of mgp.

9. OK, I'm sold!! #3 tilted that much is a little much, but still everything is awesome!

10. I love the shots! I'd love to go to an event like this! Great job!

Wow, can you imagine racing and turning like that... and on top of that in the rain? Crazy!

11. menbrial

menbrial

Apr 30, 2006
    colorado
    number 4 is number one awsome

12. Tim,

This is the best motorcycle race pictures I've ever seen! I wish I can do the same.

Post some more please.

Best Regards,
    Louie

13. Very nice Tim. Love #2. I hope you get credentials for next year.:biggrin:

14. Congrats Tim. Truly outstanding shots for an "ordinary" spectator!

15. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    2 and 4 are fantastic great crops and panning

16. I really liek #2 and #4 nice sereis for sure

17. Tim White

Tim White Guest

Thanks very much, all.

IMS doesn't offer many photographic options to the ordinary spectator, so all my shots are from just a few spots. I'm not going to bore you with multiple photos of the same basic scene. Just a few more . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Great shots Tim. . :cool: :cool:  Love #4 as well ..

Motorbike racing is rather addictive. . :wink:

19. jamesd3rd

jamesd3rd

May 4, 2007
    So. Cal
    I agree. What kind of access does an 'ordinary' spectator have to get those kinds of shots? What lens did you shoot these with?

20. Tim White

Tim White Guest

Access? None. I was shooting over, around, and in the case of #2, through the fence (if you look closely you can see the chain-link :wink: ). #1 was captured from an area that I knew was mistakenly left available to spectators; by Friday afternoon it was roped off. It was still a good spot behind the ropes but from then on it was constantly crowded with guys under the impression full tripods and gimball heads are somehow necessary for shooting motorcycle racing. :rolleyes:  #4 was captured from over the spectator fence and through one of the "pro" photo holes, which happened to be unoccupied at the time.

Everything here was captured with my D300, AF-S 300 f/4, and TC14.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.