Motor City Mechanics Hockey Photos

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by dbirdsong, Nov 2, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

The UHL Hockey season is here and I am trying to get back into the swing of things when it comes to photographing it.
    Pro hockey at his level is pretty darn fast and the lighting in the rinks to put honestly sucks.
    I shot 3 games over the weekend and here are a few shots from them. I have been so busy I really haven't done as much PP as I would like to have done, so please be gentle :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice series of images, Dave. Having shot some hockey in the past, I can totally understand when you say that the lighting is terrible. I am never going to be in any beg hurry to shoot hockey again just for that reason. The slapshot image is particularly good.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks for looking Frank...
    I am hoping to get a D200 in December and that should help get some better shots too...

Dave

4. Yep been there I am lucky the Philadelphia Phantoms play in a pro arena and the lighting is quite good hoping to get down and shoot some this year

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    I like these a lot Dave.

Hockey is fun to watch live!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave,
    You do very well with the hockey shots. Good job

7. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Thanks Patrick and Gale.. I will post some more Sunday night from this weekends games...