Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, Boston

When I taken to the Mount Auburn Cemetery in Boston by my son stating that it was inportant place to visit, little did I know that the cemetery would be like a manicured landscaped garden with all round greenery because of the fact that I was so used to seeing those dull looking overcrowded cemeteries in India.

Mount Auburn Cemetery in Massachusetts, was founded in 1831 as "America's first garden cemetery" or "rural cemetery".The 174-acre cemetery is important for its historical aspects. Mount Auburn was established at a time when Americans had a sentimental interest in rural cemeteries.It is still well known for its tranquil atmosphere.

Shot with Tamron 17-50/2.8 on D300

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 1207047

View attachment 1207048

View attachment 1207049

View attachment 1207050

Last edited by a moderator:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Nice images! You are right......cemeteries in India are generally MUCH different! LOL! Of course, we also have some pretty plain ones here too!

Excellent series, Roy...! :smile:

Yes, there are many spendid and beautiful cemeteries in Massachusetts/New England...

(I'm originally from Massachusetts myself... :wink: )

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for looking Chris.

In fact, it is the Mount Auburn Cemetery. I posted the wrong place. I regret error. I am changing post now. Thanks for your reference to it, otherwise I would not have realised my mistake

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom