Mount Maunganui New Zealand

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Desmond, Aug 8, 2007.

1. 18 months ago I used to live here . I don't do much night photography but this is the result of climbing to the top of " The Mount " after dark to try some night photography ....

View attachment 110207
  2. Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    superb pictures well done
  3. Great night shots. Hopefully you now live in a area with less night lights.
  4. I made sure of that !

5. Oh yea! Super stuff!
  6. The city shots are impressive but my favorite is shown in your post #5 later in the thread.
  7. That's the sight that greets me most mornings when I look out of the lounge window . This time of the year I also get to watch "lamb chop " practicing his karate moves . I moved 10 minutes out of town for some peace and quiet .

8. Good stuff, Desmond, both the night shots and the pastoral scenes (especially the one in #5).
  9. Thanks , generally night photography has never agreed much with my sleep schedule :smile: but out in the country I can get some nice shots [especially in winter ..... I hate daylight saving ] , like this "moonbow" that I barely caught before it dissappeared one night when I got home , this shot is looking in the opposite direction to the shot taken in #5 ...

10. bunimoo

Sep 6, 2006
    man that is some nice scenery
  11. I met some Canadians who were living here for a year who said that where they live they have to drive for 2 days to the sea and 2 days in the other direction to see mountains . Where I live now I am 1 1/4 hours from this scenery on the east coast , 1/2 an hour from the West coast , and 3 hours from the snow .....

12. and my new residence taken with the fuji f31 ......