Mount Maunganui New Zealand

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Desmond, Aug 8, 2007.

1. 18 months ago I used to live here . I don't do much night photography but this is the result of climbing to the top of " The Mount " after dark to try some night photography ....
    mntexp004.

mntexp043.

mntexp040.

mntexp032.

View attachment 110207

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    superb pictures well done

3. Great night shots. Hopefully you now live in a area with less night lights.

4. I made sure of that !

70-200vr003.

5. Oh yea! Super stuff!

6. The city shots are impressive but my favorite is shown in your post #5 later in the thread.

7. That's the sight that greets me most mornings when I look out of the lounge window . This time of the year I also get to watch "lamb chop " practicing his karate moves . I moved 10 minutes out of town for some peace and quiet .

Lambs044.

8. Good stuff, Desmond, both the night shots and the pastoral scenes (especially the one in #5).

9. Thanks , generally night photography has never agreed much with my sleep schedule :smile: but out in the country I can get some nice shots [especially in winter ..... I hate daylight saving ] , like this "moonbow" that I barely caught before it dissappeared one night when I got home , this shot is looking in the opposite direction to the shot taken in #5 ...

moonbow007a.

10. bunimoo

bunimoo

Sep 6, 2006
    Chicago
    man that is some nice scenery

11. I met some Canadians who were living here for a year who said that where they live they have to drive for 2 days to the sea and 2 days in the other direction to see mountains . Where I live now I am 1 1/4 hours from this scenery on the east coast , 1/2 an hour from the West coast , and 3 hours from the snow .....

summit091.

12. and my new residence taken with the fuji f31 ......

Zenf31044.