Mount McKinley, Denali NP

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by SteveK, Apr 3, 2007.

1. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    I like using my super-telephoto lenses at times to shoot landscapes. This photo of Denali, or Mount McKinley was shot from near Savage Campground, about 70 miles from the mountain. It was shot with a 500mm lens. And yes, that foreground hill does slope down to the right.

[​IMG]

2. Agreat image that shows the forces of nature at work. The varied lighting makes it!

3. I certainly is a unique view. I do think it loses a bit of the grandeur with such a compressed view. That said, I do like it.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is very beautiful
    Love the layers and light

5. Even at Wonder Lake, it seems like Denali is 50 miles away so a telephoto shot looks great. Cool layering, really conveys the idea of how quickly the landscape changes with altitude there.

6. Beautiful job, well done.

7. SteveK

SteveK

Mar 16, 2005
    Alaska
    The funny thing, I was just beside the road. A number of people stopped, and looked through their binoculars trying to see the animal or bird I must have been photographing. I'd hear them whisper "yea, I think I see it. Is it a fox?".

8. ROFLOL!!! Where? A fox? Maybe a squirel!

9. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Steve,
    Great image. Wonderful colors and execution of your vision.

Mike

10. Nice image - I love compressed mountain landscapes. Too bad about that low gray cloud on top but it kind of adds to the atmosphere.

11. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    This is great. It's like a monster watching you through a fog. Mike

12. Wow! Amazing how distances get warped when a long lens is used.

Cheers