Mountain Biking in Mammoth, CA

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by newbie builder, Aug 23, 2008.

1. A few shots of a friend on a recent trip to ride down Mammoth Mountain in Mamomth, California. Great weather, trails were pretty empty, and other than some mechanical failures--the shifters literally fell off his bike, as did his pedal and crank on one side--we had a pretty problem free trip.

The end of "shotgun," right before a nice jump and berm we decided to do some shooting at:
    2789400969_3f31776e5e_b.jpg

The jump:
    2790261998_3942facf87.jpg

The berm:
    2790354528_b9510890ed.jpg

Drop off in the terrain park at the bottom of the mountain:
    2789531239_52f6c4585c.jpg

Another rider saw us shooting at the drop off and wanted in on the fun--asked me to shoot him on the jump right after the drop:
    2790517382_b8d2a4c8e8.jpg

End of the X-Zone after Richter/Kamakazi:
    2790623048_f83b00ea17.jpg

And last, a shot at a nice rock formation we found near our tent cabins in Yosemite:
    2790647916_0a3acc1118.jpg

C&C welcome, thanks!

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Love the shots! Mammoth Mtn is a great place to ski, hike, bike or ???

#1 is my favorite.

Thanks for sharing!

3. some very nice shots here
    i like this series, a lot

thanks for sharing

4. Thanks for the kind comments! I was really pleased with how they turned out too, it was a lot of fun to shoot them.

If you like the first shot and are a fan of biking, check out the movie "Roam"--I was thinking of it when I shot that image. It's a very well done film documenting downhillers, freeriders, and trial riders all over the world. Great cinematography that is definitely inspiring to anybody looking to shoot (still or video of) mountainbikers.

5. Great photos. I too love Roam. The Collective and Seasons are also amazing movies by the same dudes. I enjoy them all.

6. AnthonyRSS

AnthonyRSS

Aug 17, 2008
    Huntsville
    Great shots. That is some good looking singletrack. I used to mountain bike a lot, but have gotten out of it. Reckon I need to dust off the hardtail...

Anthony

7. I own all 3 and have watched them more times than I can count--such great movies. I just listed Roam since that's my favorite of the bunch, cinematography on par with Seasons, but with more riding. All 3 are great though.

@Anthony RSS--
    Go for it! And buy a full suspension rig while you're at it--much more fun that way.