Mountain goat babies *large post*

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by The chemist, Jul 12, 2007.

1. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Well i figured I let you guys wait long enough..that and i finished some more processing:biglaugh: Here is a somewhat smattered scattering of images but wasent sure what to post. I wouldnt mind some comments on the crops..they are somewhat unorthodox. The reason I have them like this is because I really wanted to emphasize the natural setting no matter the placement of the subject...let me know if it works for you.. Thanks for looking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    great series

3. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    thanks lowolf!

4. Well worth the wait. Beautiful and those little ones are sure cute.

5. Absolutely beautiful! And the little ones - well they need a CUTE ALERT! Nice job! Where did you find these beauties?

6. A terrific series - great shots.

7. Cute little goats. Thanks for sharing.

8. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    You came back:biggrin:thanks and glad you enjoyed them! As always its good to hear from you
    Ohhh forgot about the cute alert:biggrin::biggrin:. These were found on mount evans in colorado. I was able to escape a family vacation for the AM as I heard rumours of them being on the summit. sure enough!

thank you!

thanks daniel

9. Fantastic series! Very well done and good job on finfing information on the location of them.

10. Great pics.

Can you give some details regarding how you found these guys?

Thanks
    JohnG

11. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    DAVE!!! good to hear from you and thanks!
    Sure john, it was a blast.
    Check out this website which is where I went.
    http://www.naturephotographermag.com/-freeToRead/smithEvergreen.htm

The gates supposedly open at 9 but I was there much earlier and would suspect you could get in there anytime. I arrived and went through at 6ish(10 dollar parking pass,enforced). I have also heard of people spending the night near the summit and then waking up early for sunrise( i believe you can catch the sunrise with the gates being open as well too though).

If you can afford to, you really should stay several days. The landscapes alone are worth the trip! I was traveling with family so was not able to bring a tripod nor did I have the intention originally of shooting landscapes(just wanted the goats:)). I arrived before sunrise and it took me several hours to get to the summit(14miles or so). Would have been a lot faster had I not been distracted by the scenery.
    However here is an example of what you can see there(would be better at sunrise!).

This is where I would have been for sunrise(midway up mountain).
    [​IMG]

There are so many locations its really quite hard to show you them all.
    [​IMG]
    The majority of the mountain goats are found at the summit where there is a parking lot. There is also an observatory there and you would be quite comfortable with a 70-200. They get pretty close.
    Let me know if you have any more questions or just pm me. Hope that helps

12. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Great images Jonathon, you make me want to be there right now

Stephanie

13. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Thanks stephanie! Wish i could have made room for my tripod and ND filter:wink: