Mountain goats

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by alexf, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Mountain goats at Northwest Trek, a 720-acre nature park near Seattle. You leave your car and take a 55 minute tram ride. Animals are loose in their own environment and are not afraid of the tram.

The weather was typical Seattle in March. Overcast and dreary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Timeout

Timeout

May 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Hi Alex, I've been enjoying your nature series ... at first I was wondering what was going on since they did not look like Florida. :biggrin: Then I read these were from Seattle.

It must have been something else seeing these guys out there - these mountain goats don't seem to have much in the way of camouflage in this particular environment? I'm used to seeing pictures of them on rocky mountainsides.

Thanks for this nice chairside excursion! Sounds like a fun trip with interesting things to see (except for the typical weather part). :smile:

3. Beautiful! #2 is my favorite! Awsome looking critter too!

4. Miko,

They have camouflage for rocky/snowy mountainsides. Not needed or useful for this park. Not a problem as the park is divided into two areas. A smaller one that looks like a big zoo, with big fenced-n areas for the predators and the second, biggest part is a huge enclosure where the prey lives. If they kept them together soon you'd have fat predators and no prey.

The tram tide is 55 minutes so you can see how big the place is. The animals there are used to seeing the tram and are not afraid. They come close as you can see.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy I missed these. Thanks for reposting the link
    Very nice