Mountain hare II

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by john deakin, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Perfect conditions in the Highlands of Scotland last weekend. A recent overnight snow layer, cold and crisp with no wind. The Hares were all around us, some happy to sit, others skipping around like lunatics, a wonderful experience.

This one was sitting in his form and after gaining his confidence by a slow approach he allowed us to get quite close with the 300 2.8. Here I was huddled into the mountainside, pushing myself into the fresh snow to get that separation between us, just allowing his head to 'pop out'.

2048 JDP logo hares head-7576.

Nikon D850, Nikon 300 2.8 VRII.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jeff1

Jeff1

Mar 26, 2017
    Ferndale, WA
    Jeff
    Great shot!

3. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    Fantastic composition

4. Has the look of a painting, very nice work.

5. Excellent. I like this one a lot

6. Thank you, Jeff, Randy, Carl, Bohdan, Mike for your kind words, much appreciated, it was a terrific day on the mountains.

7. I would hang it on my wall if the image was mine, very creative shot.

8. That is a fine compliment, Binnur, thank you :) 

9. Oh my, simply fabulous!!!!

10. Thanks, Nick.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  11. Wonderful image and the fact that you took it in the wild makes it even more so.

12. Very creative and it works for me. Beautiful.

13. Many thanks, Gordon. Definitely wild, and darn cold, up there in the Scottish Highlands :) 

Thanks, Louie.

14. A weird thing is happening to the photo when viewed on my iMac. Sometimes it is as posted, in colour, and other times I open the page to respond to comments it appears to be in sepia / mono. What can others see and has this happened previously on other posts ? The original photo posted here is in colour. Thanks.

15. BLev65

BLev65

Oct 5, 2017
    This is nature art at its best!
    bravo

16. Thank you, Blev.

17. Stunning!

18. Many thanks Dossy, appreciated.

19. That's downright artistic. The negative space on the left works so well. As Binnur says, a wall hanger.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.