Mountain Hare

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by john deakin, Jan 7, 2018.

1. We spent the weekend in the northern Highlands of Scotland chasing mountain hares in freezing conditions on top of wonderful snow covered mountains, what a great experience.

At times we were able to find subjects that allowed us to get quite close if we approached slowly and carefully, others were very skittish and ran before you saw them.

Nikon D850 - Nikon 300 2.8 VRII - un-cropped.

2048 JDP logo mountain hare on hillside-7549.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Were you with Mark Hamblin by any chance? I just watched his video. That's a great shot there John.

3. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    Very nice high key rabbit

4. Thanks, Nick. No, not this time, we went alone on this trip as you don't need a guide to find the hares in this place, just good legs to get to them :) . I know Mark and have photographed Black Grouse with him at the Lek he uses for his Lek days, great guy.

5. Thanks, Randy haha. You will be shot by the mountain hare lovers calling him a rabbit though ;)

6. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    Bbrrrrrrhhh! Makes me shiver to think of the conditions to get this photo. Nice presentation of the subject in its element.

7. Thank you, Keirin. It was a tad chilly to say the least, but worth it :)

8. What a nice pic........

9. Many thanks, Darrell.

10. Really great experience considering the shooting conditions. Lovely image, I like the high key look of it.

11. Thank you, Binnur.

12. Very creative, nicely done.

13. Appreciated, Louie, thank you.

14. BLev65

BLev65

Oct 5, 2017
    I love how you have isolated the hair... I am a big fan of simple forms and simple color palettes in nature photography.
    well done.

15. Thank you, Blev.