Mouton Barn-Teton National Park

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by iudoc97, Jul 30, 2007.

1. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Here is a cropped pano of the Moulton barn along Mormon Row in the Teton National Park. This is also a test to post from my PBase account since I have not been too succesful to date. Thanks for the help Tim.
    original.

2. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    is a very nice capture for sure...

3. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Really nice.....I so want to get out there and take this shot myself..I just love it.

4. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Thanks Doug and Rod... it was a great trip. I had to balance getting some really cool shots with family who are not too interested in watching me fiddle with a tripod, camera settings etc. I would recommend the book "Photographers guide to Yellowstone and Tetons" if you go. It helped a lot to guide me to the great shot places in those two parks. I'll be posting more soon when I get the pictures loaded onto Pbase tonight.
    Scott

5. Scott, this is a really nice shot. I think a circular polarizer would have really made the sky stand out even more than it does now.

6. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Thanks Rich... oddly enough I had a CP on but.... I left home without my Hoya and I picked up a cheapie at a local store in West Yellowstone. Since it was the only one available for miles I took it. It worked really well with the geysers and streams however getting rid of reflections and enhancing the colors but I had a tough time seeing any significant change when rotating the ring to imrpove the sky. Lesssons learned!
    scott

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Scott,

That is an absolutely gorgeous image!!! It brings out the 3d of my graphics card more than any other image posted in the Cafe. It is stunning!

8. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Thank you so much John. I appreciate the compliment. I could not have done it though without the help of folks here in the Cafe. I have learned so much about technique and composition etc from so many. I have a long way to go but all the help here prepared me for the trip. Thanks again.
    scott

9. sillybgoat

sillybgoat Guest

Thats great. was this a single photo, or a several stitched?

10. iudoc97

iudoc97

Nov 13, 2006
    Indiana
    Thanks for the feedback. I took this with my Sigma 10-20mm lens at 10mm then cropped to get the "pano" effect.
    Scott