Move to Canada ?

Go with your gut instinct and never look back in a "what if" mode. Over time, I have learned that it's best to play the hand you are dealt in the best way possible.

Moving around the world should not be a problem....
I was borned in France , my wife in California,i met her in Mexico , we then worked in Mexico,Egypt,Switzerland,Israel,Greece,Ireland,Italy,Brasil , Bahamas,Florida and now Colorado( been here since 2000) ....one of our kids was borned in Israel the second one in Ireland....and the dog was borned in ...Italy.....

Nothing better than moving around the world with wife , kids and the dog of course:wink::rolleyes:

As long you do not move to Canon side, I'd say "Go for her!" :smile:

And, by the way, you need to correct something: "The right side is never the wrong side!" :smile:
I won't start that debate :) I just wish it could the same all over the world whatever side people drive on :smile:

How about praying about it?

Been doing that - sat down with her last night and went over some bible principles to consider as well - Gallatiians 5:22 and the "fruitages" : Love , joy , peace , long suffering , kindness , goodness , faith , mildness and self control . She displays really good qualities easily - I need to work more on them but am trying :smile:

Advice?

Have fun!

And keep up with the blog!!

Might turn the 'photovan' blog into the photoCan blog :biggrin:
Good luck with your decision. With no family ties in NZ there is no reason not to follow your heart. Even if the local area might be flat and boring there is plenty of interesting country in Canada and the US. Somehow I don't think it will be a problem for you to find amusement and adventure. The new life style will keep you busy for awhile.

I think so too :smile:

Go with your gut instinct and never look back in a "what if" mode. Over time, I have learned that it's best to play the hand you are dealt in the best way possible.

That's a really good concept to keep in mind - do the best with the situation , fear of the unknown will subside over time I suppose .

Moving around the world should not be a problem....
I was borned in France , my wife in California,i met her in Mexico , we then worked in Mexico,Egypt,Switzerland,Israel,Greece,Ireland,Italy,Brasil , Bahamas,Florida and now Colorado( been here since 2000) ....one of our kids was borned in Israel the second one in Ireland....and the dog was borned in ...Italy.....

Nothing better than moving around the world with wife , kids and the dog of course:wink::rolleyes:
Well the dog would need a 6 month quarantine period :biggrin: But I don't have one and Lisa is allergic to them so we'll be ok with that :smile:

I won't start that debate :) I just wish it could the same all over the world whatever side people drive on :smile:

Been doing that - sat down with her last night and went over some bible principles to consider as well - Gallatiians 5:22 and the "fruitages" : Love , joy , peace , long suffering , kindness , goodness , faith , mildness and self control . She displays really good qualities easily - I need to work more on them but am trying :smile:

Might turn the 'photovan' blog into the photoCan blog :biggrin:

I think so too :smile:

That's a really good concept to keep in mind - do the best with the situation , fear of the unknown will subside over time I suppose .

Well the dog would need a 6 month quarantine period :biggrin: But I don't have one and Lisa is allergic to them so we'll be ok with that :smile:

so you are not allergic to kids then :biggrin::tongue:

Things are going very well between my new friend and I . I enjoyed my visit with her in Canada and am once again enjoying her company in New Zealand - I can see a future with the two of us together .
I had told her that if we do marry then all I ask is that she gives me two more years in New Zealand and then she can decide if we move back to Canada - but I can see the thought of moving away from her family even for that time is stressing her out and I have decided that to ease the pressure on her , if we do decide to move on to the next step , I am prepared to sell everything here and move to Canada for her . She has her own house and a job that she has been in for 18 years - besides the fact that her entire family is over there - it would only be fair for me to leave my 'home' where I have no family and move over there .
It's a big decision which may involve 9 - 10 months of waiting for paperwork to come through before I am allowed to work there - along with having to learn to drive on the wrong side of the road :rolleyes:
Any advice or suggestions ?

Hey Desmond,

You will do fine if you do move over here.

I moved from the UK 11 years ago, I left all my friends and family behind to marry a Canadian lady.....

It's been an amazing ride so far......love the country and people, learning to drive on the wrong side affects the oncoming traffic more than it does you :). As long as you learn what a double double is right away you will do fine........Oh, and if you do move to Ontario, DO NOT LOOK SURPRISED WHEN THEY SELL YOU MILK IN BAGS......

... it isn't easy to think of moving to Ontario in Canada because the area where she lives is boring and flat ...

Ouch:frown:

I tell you, once you get off the highway from Waterloo to Hamilton, you'll see some interesting stuff here too. We don't have the vista type views where you climb a hill and look for miles, but there's some interesting stuff here too. Think of it as a treasure hunt, and you'll find some good stuff to see.

This guy has a few interesting photos of an area 2 hours drive north despite being a Canon shooter. I picked him to represent some of Ontario just because I know he is a bit more adventuresome than me.

http://www.ethanmeleg.com/bruce.htm

Here's one of mine of Elora Gorge which is about 30 minutes from Waterloo. Whatever you decide, I wish you well.

Elora%252520DSC_5518.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Desmond, the wife and I have made four trips to Canada and plan more. We've found them to be the friendliest, most polite people we have met in our travels. I think you'll enjoy settling down there. Canada is one BIG beautiful country.

Best of luck.

Rich

Just do it! and good luck! at least you won't have to learn a new language!

Dave C

There are a few extra words though ........ "eh!" :biggrin:

so you are not allergic to kids then :biggrin::tongue:

Hmmm , very allergic to kids - I like other people's kids though because you can give them back when they get noisy or smelly :wink:

Hey Desmond,

You will do fine if you do move over here.

I moved from the UK 11 years ago, I left all my friends and family behind to marry a Canadian lady.....

It's been an amazing ride so far......love the country and people, learning to drive on the wrong side affects the oncoming traffic more than it does you :). As long as you learn what a double double is right away you will do fine........Oh, and if you do move to Ontario, DO NOT LOOK SURPRISED WHEN THEY SELL YOU MILK IN BAGS......
I saw the milk in bags - the same as back in SA actually :smile: - would have
to get used to people putting cream in their coffee as well as milk though :confused:
Ouch:frown:

I tell you, once you get off the highway from Waterloo to Hamilton, you'll see some interesting stuff here too. We don't have the vista type views where you climb a hill and look for miles, but there's some interesting stuff here too. Think of it as a treasure hunt, and you'll find some good stuff to see.

This guy has a few interesting photos of an area 2 hours drive north despite being a Canon shooter. I picked him to represent some of Ontario just because I know he is a bit more adventuresome than me.

Here's one of mine of Elora Gorge which is about 30 minutes from Waterloo. Whatever you decide, I wish you well.

It'll take a lot to even equal what I have here - but I suppose it would be a new place to explore .

Desmond, the wife and I have made four trips to Canada and plan more. We've found them to be the friendliest, most polite people we have met in our travels. I think you'll enjoy settling down there. Canada is one BIG beautiful country.

Best of luck.

Rich

You couldn't have been on the roads around Waterloo, then:biggrin:

I also thought they were nice people actually ..... then there's the [potential] mother in law :eek: - not too bad either actually :smile:
We discussed the possibility of a move there yesterday and surprisingly she told me she actually likes the idea of herself moving here rather - that would be good :)

"Yep , I have had some adventures in New Zealand all right and managed to come out alive Many of the adventures I had was to relieve the frustration of being alone - for the right woman I would move anywhere "

I think just answered the question. The best to both of you.

decisions, decisions! :tongue:

:cool:

A bit tougher than "should I buy a D7000 ? " isn't it :biggrin:
I mean if a D7000 starts playing up I can always sell it off or just leave it in the closet and use my D90 :smile: ....... then again Lisa has also told me "There's nothing that a roll of duct tape and a dark closet can't fix " so I had better be careful what I say :eek::biggrin:

Make sure you learn to speak Canadian...:biggrin:

Before anyone flames me, half my ancestors were from Canada, and they spent 200 or so years attacking each other with muskets, cannon and who knows what else before getting really mean and marrying each other.

Have you considered the winters?

I have traveled through a good part of the world, and one of the few places I would consider immigrating to from the good old USA is New Zealand!

But you have other, more important considerations. :)Love:) These can outweigh everything else.

Des being from Canada I can it's not that bad a place to live ...and considering your part of United Kingdom you may get processed a lot faster ... follow your heart sir ...

....... then again Lisa has also told me "There's nothing that a roll of duct tape and a dark closet can't fix " :eek::biggrin:

My Friend,

:505: Now THAT is the funniest damn thing I've heard all week!!! :505:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I'm telling you straight up, we like this girl!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom