Movie Recommendation Please: "The Hulk" or "The Happening"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, Sep 1, 2008.

1. "The Hulk"

45.5%
  2. "The Happening"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Go to bed and get some rest...

54.5%
  1. Movie Recommendation Please: "The Hulk" or "The Happening" which is better?

Or both? Thank you :smile:

2. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    both were bad!

3. My kids were underwhelmed, so I saved my money!

4. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Was told the Happening was very disappointing

5. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    M. Night Shyamalan hasn't made a good movie since "Unbreakable" (which was his follow up to "The Sixth Sense".

He has really gone downhill. Fast.

I'd go with The Hulk.

6. About the happening, well, the first half is not so bad, but the ending ...how am I suppose to put this politely ... so simple, no climax whatsoever.

Don't go !

7. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Hmmm, i thought the Village was quite decent.

8. Thank you all

Thank you all... We watched "The Hulk" last night... Not bad but not great either, more of an action comedy than a blockbuster action movie. Should have waited until it went to T.V. ... what a bad movie. I'll skip "The Happening" tonight and get some rest :wink:

9. The Hulk was better than the first movie, Ang Lee sadly killed that one. If you want a movie to avoid, "In the Name of the King" is at the top of my list now. I figured with the big actors in there it could not be all that bad. I overlooked who the director was sadly, Uwe Boll. Lots of miscasting, over-acting, bad fight scenes...would not even make a good cult classic.

10. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    Wow.

11. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Hey, "The Incredible Hulk" was much better than its Ang Lee counterpart, which was truly awful.

But then again, I'm a Comic Geek.