Moving to Arizona....Guess I can sell my snowblower now

So I got my official offer and I accepted, my family and I are moving to the Chandler AZ "area" (probably suburb). Been a long process in the making and I can't wait to start my new job (still in the same company). The problem with staying with the same company is that it's not 2 weeks notice. they can keep me up to 2 months to finish up work, per company policy. That's okay, gotta sell my house anyway.

I have really enjoyed the seasons and photography that MA has had to offer, and I look forward to all that AZ has to offer (sand and cacti, here I come! :biggrin:)

I'll have to hook up with some AZ cafe members who can show me the great outdoors......hoping to be a transplant within 3 to 4 months!!!

Welcome to AZ... almost!

We have seasons here too.. hot and hotter!

Seriously, there is alot to do here. If I didn't work so much, I would get out and actually do it! If you come in 2 months, you will give your body time to adjust to the heat instead of moving here in the middle of summer. (BTW I think it's 108 out today)

haha, I won't see any snow like I see here :biggrin:

I interviewed 2 weeks ago, it was 113F. While that is "hot", it was nothing like 95F and 75% humidity like I SUFFERED through during vacation in Myrtle Beach..........

Still can't believe I paid to endure that weather.......stupid me!

Chandler is a nice area and you are close to the canyon, at least closer than most of us. Maybe you can swap your snow blower for an additional AC unit.

Wow John, quite the undertaking! Congrats on the new position, and best wishes or the move!! :smile:

Thanks Gretchen.....big change for my family, and I leave behind my mom and dad on the Vineyard...it was not an easy decision. I have to leave the people I have worked with for 11 years, and turn in my badge (been a PO for 2.5 years now).

Still wish I had gotten over there to photograph your beautiful son and daughter....maybe still in the cards? have to talk :wink:

So I got my official offer and I accepted, my family and I are moving to the Chandler AZ "area" (probably suburb). Been a long process in the making and I can't wait to start my new job (still in the same company). The problem with staying with the same company is that it's not 2 weeks notice. they can keep me up to 2 months to finish up work, per company policy. That's okay, gotta sell my house anyway.

I have really enjoyed the seasons and photography that MA has had to offer, and I look forward to all that AZ has to offer (sand and cacti, here I come! :biggrin:)

I'll have to hook up with some AZ cafe members who can show me the great outdoors......hoping to be a transplant within 3 to 4 months!!!

That's great! Arizona is a really cool State (haha..cool..funny)

I'm making a big move in only 14 days, to North Carolina! ( and that's why I am so excited and use exclamations often) We're moving to the beach!

While I lived in San Diego, I had to travel to AZ for work a lot. Yes, it was Africa hot, but I really liked the Phoenix area and pictured myself living there. I found the other seasons to be quite mild and bearable.

The biggest plus, you'll be in the Southwest, hands down the best area in the country for photography.

Good luck!

I have friends who line in Phoenix. They refer to it as "the pizza oven."

The Pizza Oven: bwahahaha! Funny!

Although I'd love to, I can't imagine moving to somewhere as dry as Arizona. I get nose bleeds when the humidity drops below 50%, even here in Florida. I moved to Tampa from Atlanta from Mississippi and when I go to San Fran or Colorado, I get these huge rashes, my skin cracks, and I'm blowing what we quaintly refer to as 'blood boogs'. I went to Vegas a few years ago and thought I was going to cough up a lung.

So, John, bring your sunscreen AND your moisturizer!

I have friends who line in Phoenix. They refer to it as "the pizza oven."

And "the furnace".

Still, it's a beautiful area. My wife and I have been out that way 6 times in the past 4 years - once to get married in Sedona. You're going to be about two hours south of there (depending on traffic). ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Regardless of how the locals grumble about the tourists, it's worth every second of the drive up as often as you can!

Chandler is a pretty fast growing community, I understand. You're going to be near my favorite restaurant on planet Earth - Kai at the Sheraton at Wild Horse Pass. Trust me, it's a completely unbelievable culinary experience - if you're a foodie. It IS expensive, but again, if you appreciate that sort of thing, it's on a whole different level from most of the other super fantastic dining Phoenix has to offer (Roaring Fork is also among my favorites). Also at Wild Horse Pass is a premier racing school that also has a highly regarded road course. The facility also has a lake specifically designed for high speed boat racing. It's a pretty large complex.

Good luck getting to know the area - there's LOTS to do and shoot around there. It's just those GOD AWFUL 4/5 months that make me cringe!

Latest threads

Top Bottom