Moving to new software.

First I really like Photoshop and have used it for years. Still have CS6 but irritated me when they stopped keeping it up to date. Went to the CC version. Good program. I realized when the yearly subscription was over I had stopped it for a couple of months because was paying off a lot of medical bills. Really couldn't to anything with the photos. Never cared for lightroom. ON1 had a really good deal so I tried it and really like it. Same for Affinity and Paintshop pro ultimate. Payed less for two of the programs for less than a year of CC. I realized I can function without Adobe and will be going to other software now. Now I have to learn a new workflow.

Real Name
Randy
I'm glad there's something for everyone out there, congrats....

many of us were spending the $10 a month in a lump sum by upgrading every 2 years because we bought a new camera and needed ACR to read the nef files so CC is the same monetary deal but a lot easier. I shoot sports and wildlife (= a lot of pics) so LR is a life saver.

Dennis, Randy has a good point on organization. If you do not want to use Adobe products find a processor that allows you to organize you images - has a DAM - digital asset manager.

I'm glad there's something for everyone out there, congrats....

many of us were spending the $10 a month in a lump sum by upgrading every 2 years because we bought a new camera and needed ACR to read the nef files so CC is the same monetary deal but a lot easier. I shoot sports and wildlife (= a lot of pics) so LR is a life saver.
I can understand why some photographers use LR. It seems that there are alternatives. I am really liking ON 1.

find a processor that allows you to organize you images - has a DAM - digital asset manager.

I'm convinced relatively few people need DAM software to be able to quickly and easily find their images. For those that do, there are two types: the DAMs built into post-processing software and the DAMs that are stand-alone products. I use the latter kind.

Dennis, Randy has a good point on organization. If you do not want to use Adobe products find a processor that allows you to organize you images - has a DAM - digital asset manager.
I do like Photoshop. I know some will say its only $10 a months but when I didn't have it for a couple of months and could not process I went another way. I love you DAM description is perfect description.

I'm convinced relatively few people need DAM software to be able to quickly and easily find their images. For those that do, there are two types: the DAMs built into post-processing software and the DAMs that are stand-alone products. I use the latter kind.
It really comes down to what is correct for ones needs.

Latest threads

Top Bottom