Mowing the lawn my way

Real Name
Maurie Hill
Here in New Zealand my monthly lawn service cost $NZ240/mo (abt $US180) for 2 acres of grass. The Husqvarna Automower cost $8000 installed - paid for itself in less than 3 years. And the lawn is perfect 365 days a year!

Heck when I lived in New England we would go up on the roof after large snowfall and shovel the snow off the roof. Didn't want the snow accumulating on the roof or creating ice dams.
You probably didn't have standing-seam metal roofs, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could never use a robotic lawn mower like the one in my picture. My lawn is way too rough and steep. I'll stick with my 32-year-old Wheel Horse tractor for mowing the large, steep area, and my fairly new Toro for the remainder, for as long as I'm able.

Most years I don't need to start mowing until mid/late May, and my last mowing is in October. It is needed once a week from late May through June, but much less often after that. I mowed yesterday for the first time in nearly a month, and I still had trouble telling where I had mowed and where I hadn't in some areas.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
It runs more or less continuously, sensing when the grass is growing, and never cuts but a millimeter or three off the top. So the lawn never has that "neatly mowed" appearance, but it never gets tall and there are never any visible clippings left.

Price: $2500 to $2900 depending on the model, plus installation.
This is probably much healthier for the grass. I was always taught that you should never clip more than 1/3rd of the length of the grass at any one time. Continuously clipping might keep a lawn lush and healthy all the time.

I have a high maintenance cost lawn mower that does a decent job " THE WIFE" but comes with other benefits so can't complain

Real Name
Maurie Hill
This is my Husqvarna at work, its got sonar sensors and GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity so it talks to my phone; tells where it is, where its been and where it's going. Damn sight more clever than most the supposedly smart devices around
2-70.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
IMG_2616.PNG

Real Name
Randy
Assuming the low price of $2500 and not taking into account the cost of installation, that's twelve years worth of payments to my lawn service. No thank you.
You get a great deal on lawn service
Mine is 175 a month but that’s for everything

On my walk yesterday I saw one of the auto mowers in action, I’d never seen one before

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom