1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mozart Poses

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by fdevyatkin, Aug 10, 2009.

1. This 9 year old weighs in at 16 lb, 10 oz, but is not fat, just big boned. He loves to be combed, likes it when we pat him as he eats, and is very trustworthy. Of course I'm not biased.
    3806892844_cf2f995c63_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3806061001_56f42cd361_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D700/ 50mm F/1.4D/Available light

2. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    Neat looking cat, and nice DOF. What f/stop, and how far away were you?

3. Thanks Gary!
    The little 50mm was closed down to F/3.5 and I was about 2 feet away. The ss was 1/125s and the ISO @2000.
    Thanks, Fred

4. rrx3

rrx3

Jun 14, 2008
    Wiltshire, UK
    Great shots!!

5. wilvoeka

wilvoeka

Jul 4, 2008
    Ohio
    In the first shot he seems to be looking like, "Dont even think of takin my towel".

6. wingspar

wingspar

Mar 16, 2008
    Oregon
    You know, I never think about my 50 f/1.4 unless I’m covering an indoor sport. I really need to try it out on the cat. I’m always grabbing the 105 VR or the 60mm when I shoot the cat.

7. Thanks Gary!
    Fred

8. He is quite possessive about his comfort. He weighed one pound when we got him from the humane society.
    Fred

9. My cat just ignores me when I take his pic, and I like the normal aspect of the 50.
    Fred

10. Cut cat and nice pictures. I like the color of his fur very much.

11. The first one is absolutely fabulous. I love the colours, the detail and most of all, Mozart's stare-down!

12. Thanks Daniel!
    Fred

13. Thanks Johnathan!
    He definitely has attitude.
    Fred

14. Mozart is one fine looking fellow, Fred. Interesting that my "yellow" is name Lenny after Leonard Bernstein.

Lenny is my second "yellow". I had a vet up in Burlington, VT one time tell me that male "yellows" were invariably the most loving, affectionate household cats that he has run into. Has certainly been true for my two, and it sounds so for Mozart as well.

15. Great shots Fred of you beautiful looking cat... Love the 1st shot especially...

The 50mm has so many mixed comments about its FL, but in the end, it just produces superb images...
    I have used my Kenko 1.4xTC with the 50mm to give it the equivalent FL of 70mm (equal to 105mm FF)...
    Works really well with this combo...

16. Thanks Harry!
    My mother's cat is named Pavarotti.:biggrin:
    Fred

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.