Mozart Poses

This 9 year old weighs in at 16 lb, 10 oz, but is not fat, just big boned. He loves to be combed, likes it when we pat him as he eats, and is very trustworthy. Of course I'm not biased.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D700/ 50mm F/1.4D/Available light

Thanks Gary!
The little 50mm was closed down to F/3.5 and I was about 2 feet away. The ss was 1/125s and the ISO @2000.
You know, I never think about my 50 f/1.4 unless I’m covering an indoor sport. I really need to try it out on the cat. I’m always grabbing the 105 VR or the 60mm when I shoot the cat.

You know, I never think about my 50 f/1.4 unless I’m covering an indoor sport. I really need to try it out on the cat. I’m always grabbing the 105 VR or the 60mm when I shoot the cat.
My cat just ignores me when I take his pic, and I like the normal aspect of the 50.
Fred

Mozart is one fine looking fellow, Fred. Interesting that my "yellow" is name Lenny after Leonard Bernstein.

Lenny is my second "yellow". I had a vet up in Burlington, VT one time tell me that male "yellows" were invariably the most loving, affectionate household cats that he has run into. Has certainly been true for my two, and it sounds so for Mozart as well.

Great shots Fred of you beautiful looking cat... Love the 1st shot especially...

The 50mm has so many mixed comments about its FL, but in the end, it just produces superb images...
I have used my Kenko 1.4xTC with the 50mm to give it the equivalent FL of 70mm (equal to 105mm FF)...
Works really well with this combo...

Mozart is one fine looking fellow, Fred. Interesting that my "yellow" is name Lenny after Leonard Bernstein.

Lenny is my second "yellow". I had a vet up in Burlington, VT one time tell me that male "yellows" were invariably the most loving, affectionate household cats that he has run into. Has certainly been true for my two, and it sounds so for Mozart as well.
Thanks Harry!
My mother's cat is named Pavarotti.:biggrin:
Fred

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom