Mozilla

Discussion in 'PC/Windows/Linux' started by two slow, Jul 26, 2007.

1. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Anyone here using Firefox or Thunderbird? I just formatted the C drive and decided to try the out some. So far its ok.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Using them both for a few years now and wouldn't go back to Internet Explorer/Outlook for all the tea in China!

3. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Arggg I can't get thunderbird to work yet. The passwords not working for it.

4. Use Firefox & Opera, they are both excellent browsers.... Wouldn't use anything else.... And Thunderbird is a stable no frills email software that is easy to use...

5. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Omethings not compatable with my isps mail server or something. I can't get thunderbird to work.

6. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Firefox works fine for me. I am using it with my laptop because I can adjust the font size (my laptop is 14" 1400x1050 so standard font size is too small for me!).

My only complain is that its download manager is just so-so and it does not allow integration of my favorite download managers.

7. I use Firefox so I can use the same browser on all the platforms I have to use (Linux, XP and OS X). I also use Thunderbird for email at home.

What error are you getting when Thunderbird doesn't work with your mail server ?

Ronnie

8. I've been using both for a long time too, also have dabbled with sunbird (whatever their calendar program is). All have been great for the most part

9. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    I figured it out. I had a second account setup with the wrong passwrod. Duh LOL

10. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Did you all remove OE andIE from your computers too or di you just quit using them?

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yep. Firefox is the official supported browser at my job. I do however, use Safari at home. Just habit, I guess.

12. My Linux box and OS X box have never had IE or OE on them (I couldn't think what OE was for a while :). My XP box still has both and I use IETab within Firefox to use my work webmail page when on my XP box but that's the only time it's used. Like Chris, Firefox is my supported browser at work though I think our ultimate IT department would prefer us to use Microshaft for everything. A bit difficult when you develop for a Linux platform.

I have also used Safari but prefer Firefox purely for consistency between machines.

Ronnie

13. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I've used Mozilla and now Firefox since 'way back in the Netscape days.... Firefox is now the main browser but I still use Mozilla for mail since it supports multiple profiles. No problems with either and I really like the way the browser works, especially compared to Internet Exploder.

You have to have IE to run Windows Update or any other Microsoft update. I've never used Outlook for anything other than an a phone #/address book and never put email addresses in it. There are also still some sites that just plain don't work right with anything but IE so I wouldn't get rid of it.

Bill

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.