1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mpix Mpix Mpix Mpix Baby!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seneca, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I just used MPIX for the first time and got my prints today...all I can say is WOWWWEEE they look absolutely beautiful! I have an account with SMUGMUG and MPIX still looks better.:eek: 

I ordered the baseball magazine covers, and buttons...great quality. I'm so impressed.

2. My limited experience with them has been fantastic as well.

3. SoCalBob

SoCalBob

Feb 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Yup, I tried several other services and now I won't go anywhere but Mpix!

4. Me too! Huge fan.

5. Cougar8045

Cougar8045

May 25, 2007
    Earth
    Does anyone know what kind of printer Mpix uses for their output??

6. MPIX is good, but has limited sizes. I've been using Meridian Pro and they are excellent and priced about the same as MPIX. They offer more finishing services than MPIX. http://www.meridianpro.com/

7. I'm with you, Seneca. I ordered a B&W on the metallic paper, and was floored by how good it looked. The parents of the 2 year old the picture was of were also more than pleased. I have my second picture coming this week, also on metallic, I'll let you know if that one turned out as well.

8. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Mpix is the only service I use. Everytime, I am simply amazed at how the prints look. Color balance, saturation, and contrast is perfect everytime!

9. Yes, there seems to be several good reputable pro labs that are going to fight it out on pricing -- and we’re the ones that benefit.

MPIX is Millers. As I understand it -- got this from a Millers employee, not saying who ;)  -- it’s the same people, same equipment, same quality, same everything, they just limited the print sizes when they went out to the net and opened their lab to everyone, including amateurs. Hard to imagine some still paying the Millers price. I guess to stroke their pro egos. And I’ve seen them argue on various forums that they’re gettin’ a different level of service -- right.

I agree with hotrod4x5, MeridianPro.com is another excellent pro lab with some pretty unbelievable prices. I’ve had good success with both of these labs. I’m using them both, but leaning toward Meridianpro for lots of my high end work.

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I went to their website, and signed up...seems a little difficult to get started. I was a little confused. Well that was after 2 glasses of wine...I better start again tomorrow.

11. Courtland

Courtland

Oct 19, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I just got 35 16x24" prints and 1 20x30" print delivered today from mpix done on the metallic paper, and all I have to say is WOW. Almost all of the prints were 3d renderings and pen drawings, but the color and finish is fantastic. The shipping for 36 large prints was only $9 overnight too. I can't wait to get some metallic prints done for the new pad.

12. I've never personally used Mpix (Because they are state side) But Metallic Ink's look absolutely fantastic, CameraCanada's "prolab" has Metallic Inks on their Epson eLustre Paper, Which is probably very similar to what Mpix does.
    I've seen skin tones look a little flattened by it (I accidently printed a 12x18 of a group portrait, instead of an Infrared tree!), But for anything high contrast or saturation they simply look amazing!

13. I used mpix for three years, always great products and service.

I ordered the same print from White House Custom Color WHCC and mpix to compare. They looked the same - mpix was less money and arrived sooner.

14. I ordered a couple lenses in a similar condition, woke up, checked email and saw what I did. Wasn't sure, but remembered ordering something.

That was very dangerous, but I love the lenses.

I now avoid B&H after any drinks. LOL

15. KrysiaG

KrysiaG Guest

Awesome!!!!!!!!! I had planned on ordering from mpix for the first time this week! I'm so glad to hear the positive feedback!

16. Meridian uses the PROES ordering system. It can take a little time to learn it, but it works well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.