Mr. and Mrs Flicker

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jose Suro, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Hi All,

My Mom is visiting for 10-days so I've had little time to visit the forums, much less shoot.

Brian Small visited me a couple of weeks ago during his swing through Florida to shoot these Flickers and some shorebirds. We had great hopes for this nest and were looking forward to shooting the chicks and their feedings. Sadly, a good friend of mine visited the nest early this week and he found Crows inside the nest. Apparently they ate the chicks and the Flickers were nowhere to be found. A couple of days later his wife found the decomposing remains of one of the Flickers nearby.

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Jose

D200 - Borg 76ED 500mm @ F5.6 - SB600 Flash - Tripod

[​IMG]

2. Very nice so pleasant. I feel better all ready. I looked up that lens, pretty cool.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ohhhh how sad.
    Thats nature.
    Beautiful image though

4. Well Done Jose Sorry to hear the news though

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I still haven't been able to get a decent shot off at the Flickers that live in my area. This one is excellent. Sad to hear about this year's chick though. :frown:

6. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Excellent image Jose!

7. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Awesome shot.

8. Execellent capture Jose.

Louie

9. Excellent photo, sad story. Mother Nature works in mysterious ways sometimes, and it's difficult for us to accept.

10. It amazing that small birds survive as well as they do as it seems their nests are always a target for some predator. It would be interesting to know the survial rate of a small bird species as we do keep a count on our N.Y. Eagles.
    Lou

11. Jose,
    You do an amazing job as photographer. I love the images in your gallery as well.

Thanks

12. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Excellent image of 2 birds in different light. Sad to hear the outcome - sign me up for the Crow Defamation Society.

13. Beautiful Jose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.