Mr. elusive

Real Name
Randy
Least Bittern, the rarest of the rare
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Randy, great shot and an excellent find. These guys are so hard to find even when you know they are there.

I have seen an American bittern as Reifel bird sanctuary a few times but they are almost impossible to spot.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" I have a fool proof method of finding bitterns... find a few photogs staring intently into a bunch of reeds and ask them to point out the bittern... Works for me..." - Georgie Beagle

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great catch Randy. Not only did you photograph a rare bird, you did it with aplomb.
thanks Gordon
Randy, great shot and an excellent find. These guys are so hard to find even when you know they are there.

I have seen an American bittern as Reifel bird sanctuary a few times but they are almost impossible to spot.

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

" I have a fool proof method of finding bitterns... find a few photogs staring intently into a bunch of reeds and ask them to point out the bittern... Works for me..." - Georgie Beagle
thanks Alexis, we used to have a member here named Jessie Slinger who we called the bittern whisperer. She always found them at Viera. She would drive with me as the spotter and even though we were often just a few feet away it took me over a minute to 'see' them.

Nice catch Randy as always , focus accuracy and color so nice.
Same here in Canada not much.
thanks Bob
To spot one of one these guys is to be applauded, but you've gone even further and done a terrific job with this shot Randy.
thanks buddy

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom