Mr GBH , who woudda thought

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Ok, by your standards this does not cut it, BUT understand this is the first time I saw one in the wild and what a thrill!!! I did a head shake to actually confirm and believe I was actually seeing what I thought it was. LOL!!! Felt like a little kid. I was driving down some aquaducts way down in southern Alberta, and who would have thought..........slammed on the brakes, got one pic off where he was standing, then flew off and this is what I got inabout 10 seconds of bliss! Stuck the 500mm and H out the window and let er rip. You could here that mirror smacking around for miles. LOL!!!!! Have the full 8 but dont want to bore you to death but it was :cool:

It was -5 out so Im sure he will be heading south soon :wink:

[​IMG] original. original.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good for you and I know the feeling (a great one)
    the flight shots are swweeettt !!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Way to go Keith!! Very nice shots of that big boy. They are pretty birdies, huh? :wink:

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    BTW, I meant to add that I'm impressed that you got such good flight shots with that long lens, especially in your, uh, 'elevated state of excitement'. I would have probably gotten some really good shots of its head and feet. :smile:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic Keith,

So glad you got to see this great creature. I sure love them and have to many pics of them. Unfortunatle my equip is a dog for flying images.

Good job.

6. Nice capture I can her the breaks squealing and the tranmission beign forced into reveres ahile at teh same time grabbing the cam from the passenger seat :cool:
    Very nice captures well done

7. Good going Keith. These are fun birds to photograph, happy you got a chance to get some shots of one. I'd agree with Frank, in a state of excitment I would probably have gotten its feet, while stumbling over my own.

cheers...Louie

8. LMAO!!! Lets say it wasnt graceful. LOL.............but got the shot, phewwwww. Thanks Frank! God only knows the next time I will ever see one, very rare around here.............

9. Thanks Ben, felt good!!!! Now if I could only practice day after day like you folks on these birdies. I do have to say its not like shooting a duck or a goose, they dont fly very fast thank god :biggrin:

10. Ok chicky, dont rub it in with all those pics of GBH's :biggrin: LOL!!! thanks for looking

11. Dang, were you there, think I could have hit Americas funniest home videos. LOL>>>> Except I was in heavy mud with my new Honda Ridgeline, I wasnt sure I was going to make it out, but it sure didnt matter at the time LOL!!!!

12. LOL............hey think we have all done that :wink: , even with the 500mm these are cropped pretty good.....but I can live with it :biggrin: