Mr. Longfellow (Garter Snake)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by annedi, Nov 7, 2005.

1. This snakey blended in quite well with the autumn leaves. He was basking in a patch of sunlight on the path and stayed still while his "portrait" was being taken. After about 10 minutes we got tired of each other, and he scurried off into the underbrush. Not the greatest photo, but still my first snake photo ever!
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent shot.

Glad you kept your distance. Good snake or not .
    I am petrified of snakes.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Anne,

This is actually a pretty good shot under difficult circumstances. The contrast between the leaves and the snake is very slight, but you have brought out the subject very well.

Good job. :smile:

4. Gale, since you are petrified of snakes, you won't want to visit me. I have a Ball Python for a pet. Non poisonous snakes don't bother me. It's the other that bother me. Where I live there is a reserve where one the most dangerous snake in the world lives and some snake students who were studying the species got bitten and almost died. Good that the hospital was near. Now that is disterbing mother nature and you get what you deserve when you mess with it.

5. Andrea
    This is really a good shot. As frank said the contrast here was a real challange and you handled it well.
    I spent 3 years of my life where you are, one as a soldier at Ft. monmouth and 2 as a beach bum at long branch. cool area.
    Dave