1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mr.Lucky - my cat story

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by vulturetec, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Kind of a late follow up to challenge #45. I noticed my cat on the couch this evening and had to grin, thought I'd share it.

Two years ago I found him living in a car I park behind the house - just a three month old kitten. Nobody knew anything about where he came from and he was skinny as can be. I put food out, he was curious but unapproachable. After a week he'd stay in front of my sliding glass door enough that we could play "through the glass".

I finally left the door open to see what he'd do, and without my noticing he made himself at home on my easy chair behind the computer, just watching me work - laying on his back the whole time.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D70, Nikkor 18-70mm, SB800

So... tonight he's now two years old, taken over the couch and has his own place on the computer desk. Still sleeping on his back, watching when he feels like it...and we still don't know where he came from.

Like I said, it made me grin :tongue:

[​IMG]
    Nikon D200, Tokina 12-24mm, SB800

2. He certainly looks like he has made himself at home.
    Good story - I'm glad you were able to get him to "move in".

Don

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Cute as can be

4. Sweet story and a happy kitty! Cute pictures he let you take too!

5. Thanks all... yeah, he's a cutie. He doesn't mind the pictures, he just sits there and ignores me. When he's on his back like that you can move his legs around like a gumby and he could care less.

I can't help but think someone dumped him, glad he found us.

6. What a nice story. Cute kitty! You made me smile from ear to ear.

7. Mr.Lucky...Updated

Thanks for the comments all...a little update, just found our humane society is going to use a picture of Lucky in next year's animal calendar. They're probably going to use him in February because of the red background (ie: Valentine's Day).

[​IMG]
    Nikon D70, Nikkor 70-210mm f4-5.6 D, SB800

8. But they grow up to be CATS!! :Curved:

9. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Hey Scott,

Lucky is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the RED! background. That made a very striking image!!!!

10. Heck, he already is. Just passed 2 years old now, and he's a big one! I swore I wouldn't have another one, just got stuck with this guy.

[​IMG]

11. he's absolutely precious! What a cuddly looking guy! You're "lucky" to have him! I like the red background too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.