Mrs. Bear's Stare

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by CliffB, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Today, my wife an I took a day trip to Grandfathers Mountain, in North Carolina. Here is one of the residents, that we met there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  2. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Hey Cliff,

Nothing is showing.

James

3. I am getting it OK and it is a nice close up of the face of a good size black bear.
    Cliff if you have PSCS try in selective colors making the black just a touch darker. It really made the nose and eyes jump right out. What did you use on the photo for a lens? It is a good looking bear.
    Lou

4. Same here. Cliff, please change the url to www.pbase.com/<proper-link> instead of i.pbase.com. Those may not show up for everyone.

5. Whoaaaaa, that's some bear-stare!!! LOL Hope it was a long lens you used! Great shot, Cliff, you can see her nostrils flaring taking your scent in.

6. Amazing stare.

7. Thanks for the suggestion, Lou. This one seems to have lost some contrast, when I reduced it for the web. This was shot with a 70-200VR and TC17.

8. I gave that a try; but, then, I got a red x on my screen.

9. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Holy spit. I hope you were a fair distance away....

10. Thankfully, we live in a world of telephoto lenses and cropping.

11. Shooter

Shooter

May 7, 2007
    New York
    Nice bear thanks for sharing.

12. Whatever you did, it showed up. Wow. Although the bear looks a bit sad, I guess it would have scared me a lot if I would have met him in the wild. At least if not way farther away than the picture suggests.