1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Mrs Frits, end of day candid

Discussion in 'People' started by Frits, Jul 15, 2008.

1. A quick snapshot of Anne just before dinner, after a long busy day at work.
    Not a lot of light to play with, so I reached for the 105/1.8.

Bad positioning of her thumb, I did not notice when I shot this...ah well...:frown:

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 105mm f/1.8 (available light)

original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    105mm    f/4.0    1/25s    ISO 200

2. I am always amazed at the sharpness of your shot....I'm assuming this is hand held also..
    Lovely portrait.

3. Frits
    All I can say is you are amazing and Anne is beautiful

4. Thank you Arnie.
    Yes, hand held, but (manual) focusing was the real challenge here. Very shallow DOF from so close by at 105mm stopped at f/4.

5. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I wish I had steady hands like that! So crisp and sharp, as usual.

6. perfect shot, frits
    love her eyes

you haven't shown us enough shots of anne lately
    i hope that this will be the first of many to come

7. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Thats a great shot. the colors are perfect.

8. Great capture!

9. Frits, that's really a remarkable image. What a beautiful angle, shooting upward while she gazes above the camera. The thumb is no issue for me at all, even after you call it to my attention. I just love how the colors in the sofa and the background complement the color of her shirt. If you disagree with me about that, send my money back to me because I'm using my brand new 24" monitor calibrated using your Spyder. :biggrin:

10. Very nice Frits. You do have a steady hand...

11. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Terrific shot, especially considering it is hand-held and manually focused.

12. Thank you Mike!
    Good to see that you managed to open the package (Spyder) :biggrin:
    I agree with your observation about complementing colors. I must admit that this was not planned, but I surely noticed it after. Looks nice on my calibrated monitor also :smile:

13. Excellent shot Frits. I don't think the thumb distracts from the shot. What I particularly like are the colors; everything blends well.

14. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Lovely Shot Frits!

15. Your wife has amazing skin and always looks so classy. Great portrait! :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.