1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

MR's PALMER & CRAMER and The Bosque

Discussion in 'Birds' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 20, 2007.

1. John and David,
    I mentioned a thread on www.texasphotoforum.com about a 2007 Bosque trip to Monica and that I would like to go this year, but going was only contingent upon her health. She floored me by saying "Why don't you go ahead and make your plans."

I understand the week of the Crane Festival should be avoided, and the following week contains Thanksgiving, so please tell me - would birds still be arriving the week of Nov 4-10? Do temperatures get sub-freezing that early in the Month? Would recommend waiting for the week of Nov 25-Dec 1

I appreciate tyour guidance/ equipment suggestions, you know,a ll the usual stuff.
    Thanks,
    Nick

2. Nick, if I remember last year you were going to join Jim Thiel and myself, but had to change your plans due to your family situation. Anyway, we went the very weekend after Thanksgiving and from my prespective it was GREAT. The weather was terrific, but cold as a bugger in the morning (12 degrees), but it warmed up by afternoon into the mid 20's. But when you're having as much fun and excitement as we had temperatures didn't really matter much.
    I'm thinking strongly of going back this year about the same time.

3. Tell Bill to forget his stinkin' job (if he can shoot O's and E's all weekend long + find time to go to chase the owls in around Spokane or Wenatchiee, or Moses Lake or whereever) he can make a trip south too!

Sure would like to team up with you guys at some point, maybe have a GTG with John & David.

4. Toby D

Toby D

Mar 7, 2006
    Iowaay
    Field tip: If you head up the road to San Antonio, NM. Turn left at the main drag, go down a couple of blocks (-/+). Look for a Mexican Restaurant just down the side road to the left. Reallty great. My nephew lives in Soccoro, otherwise I'd never have found it

5. TTT in case it goes too far down into the stack to be seen

6. Toby, Louie and sure did find it on our last night. It was good. It was hard to find good food in the area as Louie and I found out. Nick I sure hope you can make that trip as nothing compares with the great light NM has from my limited experience. I would like to go again but not sure it will work out this year. We are doing the Glacier and Teton trip so not sure I can also do this one. All the best.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.