Mrs. Trix

G

Gr8Tr1x

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used a new little device that I whipped up in the garage this afternoon. Its a SpeedLight on a Stick.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I hold the stick out with my left hand until I get the light where I want it, and then operate the camera one handed. This is a technique for either a very light setup or a small VR lens. IN this case, I used the 50mm 1.8 and removed the D200's grip.

Joshua, cool...that Strobist site is pretty awesome for sure...

You can also use things called "ball-bungees" to tie your flash to just about any stick...

G

Gr8Tr1x

Joshua, cool...that Strobist site is pretty awesome for sure...

You can also use things called "ball-bungees" to tie your flash to just about any stick...
True. I would think that a ball bungee might let it slide up and down. I feel very secure with this setup. It took all of about 5 mins to make this little thing. I could go further by making it in two pieces that screw together so that it will fit in a camera bag.

I have a Joby Gorilla Pod that I use to mount the flash other places too.

http://www.joby.com/

N

Nuteshack

and u could do damage control with that gizmo too...might come in handy at those kids parties u shoot ..lol
;-))

G

Gr8Tr1x

and u could do damage control with that gizmo too...might come in handy at those kids parties u shoot ..lol
;-))

I could fill the center of the pipe with lead shot....:eek:

Thanks for looking Nute.

Hey, that is a good idea! Not that I use the flash a lot but it does give me ideas.

Wonderful shot of Mrs Trix...sharp where it matters.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Great shot of Mrs Trix and a super idea as well
Thanks, Dave.

Hey, that is a good idea! Not that I use the flash a lot but it does give me ideas.

Wonderful shot of Mrs Trix...sharp where it matters.
Yeah, Banhup, I doubt you need much help, LOL...you do quite well with available light from what I can see. Thanks for looking.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom