Mrs. Yellow Belly

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Tough spot they picked for a nest. Light is bad all times of day and don’t really want to use flash but it looks like real early when the sun is just coming over the mountain for about 30 minuets I have some fair light.
    Lou
    630737432_a4f0f9956a_o.

630737422_4316670402_o.

630737336_a1f5e15375_o.

630737154_5353ff1344_o.

2. Nice set Lou,

Starting a new project?

3. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    I spent most of my holiday trying to get a good picture of a woodpecker, these pictures have me green with envy.

4. HA,HA Could be Gary. God I got a few irons in the fire. Bummer for me though is I have knee surgery tomorrow and not sure I can do much for a while. Second is I have an invite to visit and hunt with a Falconer In Pa. and he has a brand new Golden, a 4 year old male going through training as we speak. The first hunts will be local in Pa. and in mid July and he said fine for me to photograph him in action. Know him through a friend of a friend at the raptor center. I never knew this but in the entire USA there are only 5 licenced Falconers who hunt with a Golden Eagle. Than I had a chat with another NC member and he is not all that far from me and says the ospreys are just hatching their chicks plus I have to visit my son on Cape Cod for some Osprey photography and visit with my two fine grand daughters. How lucky can an old man get and I still have eagle nests I have not been to because of the terrible heat and humity we seem to be getting. I really don't like the hot weather but just laid out 3 grand for next years fuel oil:Ouch:
    Thanks for the look
    Lou

5. HI Robert and thanks for looking. She was incubating and I see her out of their cavity nest so perhaps either Pop is in there giving her a break or they have young. I'll be leaving them alone now as they get the young a bit older. Don't want to push them off their nest.
    Lou

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    30 minutes of good light is better than 4 hours of bad light:>))))))
    But that sure is early.

Super shots.

I am so sorry you have to have surgery tomorrow.
    Wishing you well Lou:>)))
    Hugs to you.
    Will be thinking of you.

7. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Best wishes from me too Lou. I trust all will go well.

I hope you can make it out to keep us updated on the Sapsucker family.

8. Thanks Gale for the hugs Few days and I'll be shooting off the deck.
    Lou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.