Ms. Jodie! (Uncropped Version Added)

Thus far, this may be my favorite of Jodie. Comments welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, Fred! I wonder if a little more DOF would have helped: the eyes look a little soft (particularly her right eye), compared to that lucious mouth. Just the same, a great image! :smile:

Outstanding job Fred! The right eye (her right) does seem a tad soft (nothing Photoshop can't handle), but still an outstanding job!

Bravo!

John

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fred, exceptional! What did you use for fill? Is that a foamcore board I see in the reflection of her eye?
Thanks John. The concept was called "reflections". Reflections, because I had a piece of Plexiglas on a black surface. Here's the uncropped image. The Plexiglas was responsible for the reflection in her eye, as was the key light (47" Octabox/ab800). I also had a 7'x3' panel reflector about a foot away from her right elbow. You can also see the hair-light (36" Octabox/ab400)on her right shoulder and hair. With all this Jibber one could mistake me for someone that knows lighting.......certainly not true. :smile:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Very nice, Fred! I wonder if a little more DOF would have helped: the eyes look a little soft (particularly her right eye), compared to that lucious mouth. Just the same, a great image! :smile:
Thanks very much for your comments Phil. I sharpened it up a bit. :smile:

Outstanding job Fred! The right eye (her right) does seem a tad soft (nothing Photoshop can't handle), but still an outstanding job!

Bravo!

John
Thanks much John. I really appreciate you taking the time to comment!

It's a beautiful portrait Fred and certainly makes for a nice new avatar!! Your skin work here is excellent. Great work!!

It's a beautiful portrait Fred and certainly makes for a nice new avatar!! Your skin work here is excellent. Great work!!
Thanks Stuart.

Great job Fred. I actually like the uncropped version better. The softness of Jodie's right eye is more evident in the crop...
Thank you Keith. I agree, the uncropped image wins.

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
I love the way you retained the skin texture this time... excellent processing, but the eyes seem a tad dull for some reason.

Assuming you created a blur layer, try using the eraser tool set to 50% opacity and 50% hardness and go around the edge of the lips. That will eliminate that hard edge where the lipstick ends and skin begins... I'd like to see that transition a little less abrupt.

I'd also burn in her eyebrows a little... the whole area around her eyes is lacking definition. IMO, of course.

I love the way you retained the skin texture this time... excellent processing, but the eyes seem a tad dull for some reason.

Assuming you created a blur layer, try using the eraser tool set to 50% opacity and 50% hardness and go around the edge of the lips. That will eliminate that hard edge where the lipstick ends and skin begins... I'd like to see that transition a little less abrupt.

I'd also burn in her eyebrows a little... the whole area around her eyes is lacking definition. IMO, of course.
Thanks Woody! I see what you are saying - I am going to try what you suggested - need some zip in those eyes.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom